1 (edited by TIGLJK 2017-08-21 18:02:22)

Topic: It Don't Matter

OK - I am delving into a new frontier for myself - the blues on electric guitar !
I used my telecaster to write it.

I wrote this song this morning... kind of a sarcastic song about being brokenhearted.

Let me know what you think - if it's any good Phill can break in his new Tanglewood on it ! smile

Chordpro error: This is not a valid artistname. You will have to specify an artistname in the form {st: Artistname} in the beginning of the code.

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Re: It Don't Matter

TIG I can feel the blues in those lyrics can't wait to hear it as a song'
That lyric you wrote below stands out.

Well I Woke in the  morning,  started drinking really hard
Woke up this morning, feeling like a cold grave yard
Got tears my eyes, can’t hardly see and I tell myself she's gone and it  don’t matter to me

Thank you Peatle......  I will try to get my version out soon. It's a lot of fun playing this. smile

Here is the link to the chopro version which I find much easier to play from.
Thanks again!

Jim

http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/?url= … ranspose=0

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

However it ends up being played, those are some seriously sad sentiments. I certainly hope (for your sake) that they're not too close to home.

Thanks TF - nah   -  not me.

I listened to that song - Damn Right I got the Blues that Badeye posted and I got messing around with Blues chords and this popped in my head.  smile

Here is a soundcloud version I recorded today - https://soundcloud.com/tigljk/it-dont-matter

it needs someone that actually can sing and play to do it justice I think.  smile

Thanks for the kind words though.

Jim

6 (edited by Peatle Jville 2017-08-22 00:55:10)

Tig you got a nice thread of sadness running through your voice and playing.  Man that is the Blues. You are hitting the nail on the head. In my imagination I can see you on a street in New Orleans entertaining passer by's with your song. Maybe with Phill standing next to you playing a bit of lead guitar.

Hi Jim, I like your recording, you've got your Bob Dylan voice on and it suits the song perfectly. At the moment I am up to my neck in things I have to do. It's been a really busy couple of weeks and this week is no exception. I'll take another look when I get a chance.

Phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

VERY nice, Jim. I can hear a raspy Bob Dylan or Tom Waits in that one. Good job.:)

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Jim .... liked everything about this one, great lyrics, liked your vocals on this one (kinda Dylan style) and liked the guitar style with it smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan