Topic: LAFS

Looks. Action. Feel. Sound. these are the 4 things i look for in a new guitar.

so, an update about my Tanglewood. the LAFS were all there from the time i spotted it in the music shop. unfortunately i completely dislocated my shoulder so playing guitar was out of the question with my arm in a sling and pain each time i moved it, so no playing till a couple of days ago. so you know the good points now the not so good ones.

1. it needs new strings, i don't know how long it was on display but the strings are filthy but still holding their tone, mostly. change imminent
2. though it sounds good acoustically when plugged into my mixer it sounds really tinny and it has no built in chorus unlike my Crafter. so i tried it with a mic and it sounds superb, so that's how i will record her in future.

3. she came with a gig bag, tuner and guitar tutorial but no strap. that was not a problem in the shop but at home playing sat down between it's belly and my beer belly it keeps slipping off my lap  LOL. so as the wife wanted some hair products i took advantage of the situation and ordered a strap, pics and the Yes album i've been waiting for the price to drop for months. Heaven and earth, haven't heard it yet but soon. good old amazon

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: LAFS

Is this the one I thought looked like an Ovation ??  If so may I ask is it the shallow body version ?  If so you might want to try a set of D'Addario strings ....  Specifically the set with light tops and heavy bottoms.  On mine, the heavier bass strings diminish that slightly "tinny" quality, and to me sounds a bit fuller.... something like their EFT-17.  I seem to recall the strap issue.   big_smile

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Re: LAFS

Hi Doug. I'm not sure if it's a shallow body but it's certainly deeper than my Crafter. It's only sounding tinny to me when plugged in, it has a nice rich sound otherwise.

While I ordered the strap I was looking for some pics and couldn't decide which to get, I ended up getting both lots by accident(?) Freudian slip maybe? So now I have around 30 pics of varying thickness; skinnies cos I like a slap sound on acoustic, mediums for lead and heavies for bass. I wont need to buy anymore pics for a few years....hopefully.

Thanks for the advice. I may give them a try.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.