Topic: pathetic pop stars

I feel real bad and sorry for some guys who want to be famous.
The most sad, ugly and not worth to be humans (sorry, it looks hard, but I couldn't find the right expression) are people like Peter Doherty, more known as the ex, non ex, ex, non ex boyfriend of Kate Moss. Another one is Shaun Ryder, frontman of the (un)happy Mondays, and what the f** is that clown doing on stage with his red head (BEZ) trying maybe to be as funny as the late Jimmy Cooper? I saw them, because of my profession, in their trailer on one of the biggest ROCK festivals in the world. Sitting there for 10 minutes was enough to be real stoned, you were not able to see their faces.
The famous Gallagher fights, Liam & Noel, verbal and physic, are more important than the albums they made, containing some real gems.
I also remember me HIS ROYAL HIGHNESS Robert Zimmerman aka BOB DYLAN, more than place enough to go on stage, but we HAD to move 30 inches back. I still cannot believe what happened, they hold him better carried him on stage with 3 bodyguards, and, unbelievable his act was one of the best I saw.
30 years ago, a lot of magazines wrote so called DEATH LISTS: on top LOU REED, followed by KEITH RICHARDS and IGGY POP. It is unbelievable how they are today. I was told that, in the Keith Richards case, that he is still alive because he could have 100% pure heroin, and other drugs, in stead of the result of adding other substances.
WHO CAN HELP ME TO COMPLETE THIS NICE TOPIC?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: pathetic pop stars

I don't have a television, and am pretty much  a complete pop-culture ignoramus.  I don't know who half the people you just mentioned are, and that makes me happy.  smile

However, I will say that anyone that does anything because their goal is to be famous is probably going to bore the pants right off me.  Anyone that gets famous because they do something they love well enough to garner attention is probably someone I want to go see.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Re: pathetic pop stars

I admit to know a lot (but this will still be 10%) about things going on in POP LAND.
I have an ocean of time due to a car accident, chordie means a lot to me. The "super nice thing" is that we can discuss almost everything about the WHAT'S GOING ON. Getting help, by asking questions, helping others by answering questions, and it is definitely not a (MUSIC+INSTRUMENT THING), alone, but we share, or at least try to share a lot of information.
I am 51 years young, probably you are younger, and between the USA & Europe: there will always be a difference in music styles, and bands.
Like you have TOM PETTY, I know the man, but almost nothing about his music. Knowing his name, means nothing. There was aso a strange phenomenon, I call it ping pong game. The end 50ties, there was the start of R&R, blues in the states. Because of "skin"problems, there were different charts. In Europe, especially England, there was a new phenomenon: sailors coming from the USA, had often a lot of albums and they sold them here, but in the spirit of that time, the most of the attention went to, CROONERS, BIG BANDS, and because of ethnic differences, the blues, later rock and pop, it all started here, this is the ping part, the pong part is that within 2 years, you had a lot of skiffle (using an authentic wash board"), they also started performing blues and rock. There are too many to mention, but I will giver you 1 name: the early "ROLLING STONES", try to listen to their first songs, and so it went back to the USA (at that time, all this music was diabolic music) to become a new start for so many hyper talented people.
If you should ask me about a man, or a group, I am as agnostic as you I think

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]