1 (edited by beamer 2017-10-25 18:51:15)

Topic: Not only Fats

Well my Chordie family,

There are a few of you who I have talked of my father in law with. about our Love Hate relationship and how hard it has been to deal with the less notable aspects of him being in my life. 

Last night about 1030 Washington time, My wife got the call that her father has passed.  just the day before  we had been told he had been to the hospital and had refused treatment.  The Hospice nurse only spent less than I think 8 hours with him, she said he rolled over and died in his sleep.

The last year has been a rough one for Bill, he went downhill very fast. 
This is going to be very hard on my wife, , I am 2 sides of things here. The first side is I am glad he went quick and quiet.  The other side is a sense of relief that maybe my wife can finally live without worry over him.  She has been raising her father since she was 7 or so (her father in all truth was an adult child who had many issues and many wives and children yet never planned for his future, and by marriage I have had to deal with his bad choices my whole marriage and it has caused many a marital fights)
So as you see when I say love/ hate relationship, this is the stem of it.
He had his good and funny moments, and he helped our family where he could while I was away at sea, so for that I will remember in a good light.  He also really loved to Rock and Roll.  He was the grandpa who showed up in the kids pick up line blasting Megadeath and Type O Negitive and all the friends of the kids liked him also.  He was quick to smile and laugh and help a lot of people through their addictions as an AA sponsor.
As it turns out he will be moving on with one of the greats and that should make him happy.  So Bill, hang out with FATS and travel up Blueberry Hill one last time.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: Not only Fats

As I like to say, the only thing missing here is him shooting you a bird. LOLOL smile
https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/22730454_10215220039553589_6196068471159245581_n.jpg?oh=2844d7442bd5a5d4b1f993e6ea2c8d1a&oe=5A76AAC8

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

Sorry for your loss Beamer.  Hopefully the reduction in stress from the hard stuff once all the estate stuff is dealt with will be a relief, though certainly your family will still miss the fun stuff.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Condolences to you and your family Beamer.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Beamer,
Hope your days ahead are peaceful and enjoyable.
Condolences to you and your wife.

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Zurf wrote:

Sorry for your loss Beamer.  Hopefully the reduction in stress from the hard stuff once all the estate stuff is dealt with will be a relief, though certainly your family will still miss the fun stuff.

Well, there is no Estate. had nothing to leave. We basically gave away the 5th wheel he lived in that was basically duck-taped together, (we did build a very nice porch for it)  and his son took the motorcycle and sold it for a couple thousand and paid some stuff, so we don't have anything there to settle.

And thanks guys. Por all the PITA he caused he was still a fun character to have known.

Condolences to you and your wife and also to your children who have lost a grandfather who, for all his faults, sounds like a real fun grandpa to have. So sorry for you loss.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thanks Roger

It's hard to lose someone that meant so much to you and your family. My mother in law was very similar, she was brilliant 30 years ago but as she got older she got to be an sob especially to my wife. We still mourn her passing.

Condolences to you and your family.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

The disfunctional  family member  can never be easy to deal with in many ways.. It is good  that you can remember Bill's good side.
Condolences to you and your family.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your father in-law and your wife`s dad.  Love / hate relationships are always hard.  As Peatle said, best to just think about the good side and good stuff that happened with him.  Thinking of you at this time beamer.

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

13 (edited by Tenement Funster 2017-10-27 09:43:02)

I'll echo what Peatle said about retaining the good memories you have of him. Condolences to you, and of course to your dear wife.

So Sorry for your loss Scott.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

thanks again everyone