Topic: lyrics

You guys have the best website I've found for chords and music, but sometimes I just need the lyrics.  It would be great if I could get lyrics and chords on the same site.  Please let me know if this is possible on your site.

Re: lyrics

Not sure about finding lyrics and chords on the same site except sometimes on here, but www.azlyrics.com is a really good site for lyrics, with most of their stuff being pretty accurate

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

hi mark and welcome to chordie

You can get round this by creating your own songbook.
once you have songs in your songbook you can go t the list and click on edit. you will then have a screen to do what you like to the song ( but only changes what is in your songbook)
you can then take the chords out leaving you with only the lyrics.

hope that helps

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

If this is really something people would like to do, I can add a button that hides the chords. It is technically very easy, but I do not want to add extra buttons that people dont use (just makes the site more confusing to use).

So I would like to at least hear this from a couple of more users before adding it...

well,
I can see why people would want just lyrics.
I think I might even use this function i added on certain songs.

But other times I willjust go in to edit a song then copy and paste into my microsoft word and then print it out.

hmmm.
I am undecided now!!. I would save me doing all this copying and pasting.

Ok, I am for it

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Lyrics are generally not hard to find. 

What I would like is a filter that lets me weed out tab, and leave only chords, and vice versa.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

I would start a poll and see if it would be something that people want and if they vote yes..try it out...then after a week or so have another poll to see whether the members would rather keep it or not....Just a suggestion...

And I would also like to comment about your site....
This has been by far the best site I have run across for musicians looking for songs....The songbook idea is great...Thx

jerome.oneil wrote:

Lyrics are generally not hard to find. 

What I would like is a filter that lets me weed out tab, and leave only chords, and vice versa.

Sounds like a useful feature right there

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix