Topic: Does anyone have a yamaha FG700s?

Have an opportunity to buy one for $50, wondering about your alls feedback. Thanks.

Re: Does anyone have a yamaha FG700s?

Ihad one that I bought at an auction for 85$

Gave it to my niece who was just beginning and needed a guitar for lessons.
I didn't like it bc   the  action of the strings - strings sit high

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

I had a similar Yamaha. It'd be worth $50 as a campfire guitar and beater. I used mine as a low risk guitar to learn how to do simple repair and replacement things. It remains the easiest to play guitar I have ever had, though certainly not the best sounding.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Maybe i'll buy it and have a friend paint it all silly like.

I like Yamaha Classical Guitars and primarily the CG192 in cedar and in spruce. The sound is different and the cedar sounds more mellow from the start. I have 3 of each and the sound on each type is amazingly consistent.  They have solid tops, maple necks and ebony fret board. While I still had my collection of custom built guitars I bought two of them and played them at a concert. When I realized no one could tell the difference I sold 8 custom built to a collector and got more than I bought them for over some time and then bought the Yamaha's. I still use the same strings I have always used and no one can tell the difference in the sound.

I sold the Cordoba C12 recently.  Great sound . Just could not get past the truss  rod. It was the first and only classical I have had that had one.

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

Baldguitardude wrote:

That would be cool.  Post pictures if you do.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

7 (edited by Tenement Funster 2017-12-07 19:35:12)

Baldguitardude wrote:

Here's what I pictured when I read your post:

https://lawsonwooddesign.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/tumblr_m76pj0pftb1r9ocxao1_500.jpg

Peace & love, man ... can you dig it?

It is not my favorite design. t looks more like the 60's.  If it is not  Photo-shopped someone  had too much wild wood  flower.

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

Classical Guitar wrote:

It is not my favorite design. t looks more like the 60's.  If it is not  Photo-shopped someone  had too much wild wood  flower.

Hahahaha !!!

I think art by wood burner would be cool.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Think to yourself, what would JJJ do?? Then buy it. For $50, you can`t go wrong.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.