1 (edited by TIGLJK 2018-01-08 01:39:33)

Topic: Jesus Is My Hero

I've had this in my head for a while, a few lines here and there.
Really inspired by an old plaster  plaque I've had that was given to me by my mother. She said it was my father's favorite bible verse.
Phillipians 4:13  " I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. 
It has always been my mantra, I guess because my Dad was killed in an industrial accident when I was 6 Months old leaving my Mom with 10 kids. She always believed Jesus would get us through somehow.  I have always believed the same thing.

Anyway - here it is.

[song]
{t: Jesus Is My Hero}

[G] Born to a virgin mother, on a [C]late winter's [G]night
[G]The Shepard's  in the field they were [D]blinded by the light
and the [G] crowds they sang Hosanna, all [C]  glory to his [G]name
sal[C]vation through the [G] son of God as[D] all the angels [G]claimG]claim

Chorus
[C]Jesus is my hero,   my [G]courage and my love
When[D]ever I need guidance, I [C]pray to him [G]above
He[C] bears all of our sins like he[G]bore that thorny  crown
yea[D]Jesus is my hero,  he [C]never lets me [G]down

[G]Each day I read the Gospel, seems it [C]never grows too [G]old
[G]It has  the greatest message  that's [D]ever been  told
With [G]parables, great miracles, and [C] truth from the Holy [G]word
Oh [C]Glory to  the [G]savior, let the [D]Prince of peace be  [G]heard

Chorus

[G] When the world gets crazy and [C]troubles never [G]cease
[G]Trust in the Lord to help you  [D] find your inner  peace
I can [G]do all things through Jesus , he [C]always leads the [G] way
Oh the[C]  Son of God, my [G] savior I’m so [D]  thankful  every  [G]day

Chorus
[song/]

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

2 (edited by Tenement Funster 2018-01-02 22:32:44)

Re: Jesus Is My Hero

Good writing, once again TIG ... ain't it great to live in a country where it's okay to express ones beliefs, whatever they might be?

Thanks TF

Yup   we sure are

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

4 (edited by Peatle Jville 2018-01-03 10:25:11)

TIG your Mom what an inspirational lady. Your song is  an exceptional piece of music. This one would work great with a piano a choir and someone with a great voice.  I played part of your song  on my piano and I found C E and F went real good with your lyrics. Where you  play a G and and a D  I was playing an E and a F. On guitar your original chords work good.

A very nice tune rescued from the "cobwebs" of your mind, Jim? smile  I'm "inspired" to get my old steamer trunk and dust off some of my incomplete songs! This one "flows" , simply states its purpose and leaves us on a positive note. Your chorus is fine just as it is, but remember that little preposition "of" is there if you need it.  Sometimes it comes in handy if you don't want to stretch a word - such as "He bears all our sins.......".  I'm nitpicking, aren't I? You know why? Because on the face of it all, I am finding  less and less to criticize in your lyrics.

I also want to say that if Pete took the time to sit at his piano and work out a counter-melody for you, it must really be special. Keep up the good work, my friend!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Thanks for the kind words Bill. I played it through and found exactly what you were referring to and made the change. Thank you MUSICATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE!!

Peatle- I feel honored that you took the time to play it on Piano.  If you record it, send it out - love to hear it.

and to all

I didn't right this to promote religion or anything , but only to write a song about how I feel.
Thanks for giving it a look see. smile

Jim

if anyone wants to give it a go this is the link to it  in chopro format

http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/?url= … ranspose=0

8 (edited by Peatle Jville 2018-01-05 07:05:39)

Cheers TIG unfortunately my singing and piano playing is K wrap but here is a short burst recorded on my cell phone of me trying to do your excellent song.I will keep it up for you to hear and make it downloadable  just incase you want a copy.
,. https://soundcloud.com/eatleville/jim-canyon

Peatle - that is awesome --- has a Ray Charles field to it. 

Thank you so much !!!  It made it so much better than when I play it. Loads of energy !!

JIm

Cheers Jim  you are a great songwriter and I am sure this song which is very special just needs  someone who  can do it real good. Your the Bob Dylan of chordie.

TIGLJK wrote:

Thanks for the kind words Bill. I played it through and found exactly what you were referring to and made the change. Thank you MUSICATOR  EXTRAORDINAIRE

Always happy to help, Jim, but basically I'm just a guy who majored in English Literature and taught it for a while. As far as songwriting and poetry, I know meter and every once in a while I see something in someone's work which is grammatically or structurally incorrect, and in the case of my students, if there's time (and there was never enough), we dissect his work until it "passes muster".

I feel confident that you  would have come up with the "of" on your own and as I said, it wasn't really necessary, but something like that can really nag away at you. smile I loook forward to your next work and am happy to help anytime. smile

Your Pal

Bill

PS: Can someone fix my coding, please ? Thanks

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Love this Jim, I wouldn't mind attempting this when I get home from holiday.

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Please do Jan.  I would really like that

14 (edited by Peatle Jville 2018-01-20 08:57:16)

Hi Jim I thought I should have another crack at this song this time on guitar. Sorry about my poor voice and guitar playing. I will take it down after a few days but in the meantime it is downloadable if you want to save it. I am pleased that Jandle is going to have a shot at it as she has a good  voice for this song.
https://soundcloud.com/eatleville/jesus-is-my-hero

Out of 9 new posts this morning, this is the only one that's not spam

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

16 (edited by Tenement Funster 2018-01-20 11:08:59)

Phill Williams wrote:

Out of 9 new posts this morning, this is the only one that's not spam

That really sucks, Phill ... so sorry that you terrific Moderators have to deal with this junk everyday. But for what it's worth, it is greatlyappreciated by all of us. You are right on top of this stuff daily, and that's no small commitment. Thanks again!

Phill thank you. and all the other moderators also. for clearing chordie of all the rubbish and making it a great site to visit. You do an excellent job

Peatle

Nice job !

I appreciate that you thought it was good enough to do a cover. I’m a little behind on answering bc I’m so busy coaching basketball games plus I have a wicked cold

Thanks again.
Jim

19 (edited by Peatle Jville 2018-01-20 20:09:17)

Thank you TIG.  I hope you get over your cold soon. I admire people who coach and help sport people all the best to you and the players.. I am sure someone will turn out a real good version of Jesus Is My Hero.
Pete