Topic: de gustibus.. subject is GENERATIONS and THEIR music+ family reaction

About music, we played, and our parents hate, the music we like and our kids not, I can continue.
It is just a topic:
- How we can live with it, or solve it.
- Can it be compared to food, you hate to eat when still a little kid: learn to eat, but here can we learn other people (parents & children) to appreciate the music we like.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: de gustibus.. subject is GENERATIONS and THEIR music+ family reaction

Everyone has their own likes and dislikes. I'm a correctional officer. Recently we've gotten in some instruments. Everyone has their own music preferences, but if you enjoy playing and you don't get to play that often you'll have a great appreciation for the music. We have numerous interests in music, but they'll all play together because of the common love for the music and not for any particular style or taste.
At home I'll eat peas, but not because I like them , but because they're good for the children and the children watch everything I say and do.
The music isn't just for me, but it's a common interest and we tolerate each others music because of the love we have for the music. What it boils down to is; it isn't about salsa, rock, country, 50's, 90's or anything else. It's about the common love for the music. If you love the music then you'll tolerate all music just to get to here your music.

If you're not happy with what you have...
Then you'll never be happy with what you get...

Re: de gustibus.. subject is GENERATIONS and THEIR music+ family reaction

Hi Docphil,
I didnt always like the music my parents did! But all these years later i can sing the oldest of songs which they would have sung! at our house parties!

songs like

" Pal of my Cradle Days!
Old Man River!
Barefoot Days!
Swanee!
Mammy!
Sweet 16!
Galway Bay!
You give your hand to me!
Catheree!
Mama!
If you were the only girl in the world!
Little things mean a lot!
This list is endless
So somewhere in my brain there was a sponge soaking up all the words!
So keeping eating your greens Eagleeye as young kids are like sponges!
Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !