1 (edited by ctech 2020-10-15 09:07:50)

Topic: Lady you've got me going crazy

I was inspired to write this song because of the
Overwelming feelings I have for a woman I know.
Capo 1st fret

Lady, you’ve got me going crazy

Verse 1
F                                                           
I knew you was special, from the moment I saw you   
  Am                                                      Bb/Gb                                        C
I just wanted to hug and adore you, I feel so happy in your company
F                                                       Am   
Just one look in your eyes and I start to fantasise   
Bb/Gb                                                                           C
That you are there laying, close, naked, next to me Oh, Oh, Oh,
Chorus
F                                               Am       
         Bb/Gb                                                          C
This passion is so hot it’s filling up inside of me
                          F                                        Am   
I’m drowning, save me! Come on and save me!
Bb/Gb                                                        C             
I want you so bad, it’s getting hard to breathe,
C7                         F
Every time we meet

Verse 2
F               
Life is too short if there’s a chance we should take it
Am                                                      Bb/Gb                                                     C
Jump on in I know we can make it, let’s get drunk on this sexual chemistry
F                                                   Am 
I don’t want to take it slow, I want to let it blow   
Bb/Gb                                                                           C
It feels so good every time your body's close to me, Oh, Oh, Oh,

Repeat Chorus
I want you so bad, it’s getting hard to breathe,
C7                    F
Everytime we meet

F                                                       Am
Just one look in your eyes and I start to fantasise
Bb/Gb                                                                      C
That you are there laying close naked next to me,oh oh oh

Repeat Chorus
I want you so bad, it’s getting hard to breathe
C7                       F
Zoe sleep with me.

©Trevor Scrivens 22/02/2018

Hard times create strong men,Strong men create good times,Good times create weak men,Weak men create hard times.Cantwere rice INVICTA!

Re: Lady you've got me going crazy

I just done a short rough recording so you can see how it sounds. Be kind it was hard for me to sing this nearly gave up.

https://soundcloud.com/user-415450650/l … oing-crazy

Hard times create strong men,Strong men create good times,Good times create weak men,Weak men create hard times.Cantwere rice INVICTA!

This is a great tune. Just played it through; your track was super helpful in figuring out melody and chord placement.

Do you mind if I take a crack at recording it?

4 (edited by ctech 2018-02-24 10:43:51)

Cheers Baldguitardude no I don't mind at all. I don't feel I do it justice and would love to hear your recording. Thank you for asking.

ctech wrote:

Cheers Baldguitardude no I don't mind at all. I don't feel I do it justice and would love to hear your recording. Thank you for asking.

Thanks man. I have been messing with this song all night. It's really fun. Here's how I'm feeling it. What do you think?
https://soundcloud.com/joe-lilly/ctech-chordie

6 (edited by ctech 2018-02-25 08:44:02)

Baldguitardude I like it very much. Its slower but in a good way  I was a bit disappointed that it was just the one verse. But I love how you sing it and your guitar arrangment fits well with the song. I'd love to hear how you would arrange the whole song. Thank you Joe I enjoyed that. I'm off to sound cloud  to listen again.

Ctech a bit of drums and bass and you got a good song going there.

Cheers Peatle Jville I was going for a fun upbeat sound, but I love what Baldguitardude has done with it too,a more laid back feel.

I only got to start on it late last night after I finally got my little one to bed.  I’ll work more on it today.

I rarely visit the songwriting forum, but BGD told me he was working on a recording so I thought I'd check it out. This is indeed a great song Trevor - kudos to you sir!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Baldguitardude no hurry I look forward to your finished arrangement I appreciate you taking the time.

12 (edited by ctech 2018-02-27 12:41:49)

Cheers topdown I'm pleased Baldguitardude is recording it. Thank you for your kind comment I feel honoured. I'm gonna send the song to the girl whom I wrote it about.

Very catchy song Ctech, well written, looking forward to hearing the whole song.  One little comment, or word of advice, never ever call a woman "the old girl" arrgggghhh just doesnt go down well at all ;P

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

BGD,  nice, like your different version of Ctech`s song, good rhythm, easy listening.  So interesting to see peoples different take on a song.

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

15 (edited by ctech 2018-02-27 22:30:52)

Thanks Jandle haha! Old girl is not something I'd ever say to a woman only to the German Shepherd I once had. My version of the song is raw exactly as it came into my head. BGD's version is good rythm and easy  to listen to. I'd say gentle, when I heard it , l felt it. Also I wanted to write a song with 4 chords repeating over in verse and chorus.

Good job, CTECH ... well written & performed. I'm one of those people that Paul McCartney wrote about in "Silly Love Songs", so I don't tend to gravitate to this sort of thing. But yours is really good.

17 (edited by ctech 2018-02-27 22:35:13)

Thank you Tenement Funster I wanted to show tenderness but also the pure passion you feel when you meet someone who takes your breath away. Also I feel since putting more of my personality into a song I feel they are getting better. Being a Gemini / Cancerian it's easy to cut yourself off sometime and just see darkness but now I'm trying to get more intouch my Gemini side.

This is updated version of lady you've got me going crazy. 
https://soundcloud.com/user-415450650/l … =a&c=1     

Ctech I like the way you sing and play this song.     

20 (edited by Phill Williams 2020-10-15 09:11:54)

I listened to your original recording and I thought very country and western. I listened to BGD version and I thought reggae! Then I listened to the last one and I thought...yep you've mixed both with a bit of cockney cheeky chappy accent and what sounds like a uke on my tablet speakers! I like it.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

thanks peatle, glad you liked it considering I can't sing or play that good and this is just a raw recording,sung in to 8 track with no effects.     

cheers Phill ,its a raw recording played in to 8 track no effects, so can understand the "his on my tablet" remark,haha! I'm pleased you like it.