Topic: Espana guitars

Hi ,I was wondering if anyone out there knows much  about espana guitars? I have one,its a gibson copy like a 335.It has a very fast  and easy playing neck,and pretty good sound.    thanks  dino 48

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

2 (edited by maz8259 2007-09-02 12:46:17)

Re: Espana guitars

Hey Dino, 30 yrs ago my mom bought me a used  Espana hollow body electric guitar for my birthday(Nice gift!)  Which was in mint condition. Found out she paid $300 for it back then!!  After looking through many websites I came across one that resembled my Espana  http://www.myrareguitars.com/1960guitars.html  you'll have to scroll down aways but it's there...... 335 espana ..Mine is totally red though. I still have it to this day.  For a guitar that is  almost as old as i am......I'm amazed at how well the fingering action still is. To put it in your words which I totally agree "It has a very fast  and easy playing neck,and pretty good sound"
Anyway I just recently purchased a Zager guitar hoping that i could find an easier playing neck. Nope!! the guitar sounds excellent but still doesn't come close to my 40+ yr. Espana!