Topic: ELVIS

I love the expression, when someone is death: ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING.
What is this expression, and where does it come from?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: ELVIS

look here ...

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/021227.html

cheers

David

not only was it said that Elvis had left the building but I do know it was said at least once at a beatles gig, and a few others I have been to. When people refuse to leave until they see their stars, a guy came on stage and announced it, this made most people leave. Whether they had actually left or not.people believe what they are told mosly, so they go.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Theres a guy who works in our chip shop who swears he's elvis

ian

Ride Safe!

the KING will always be alive through us chordians...

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

motomad wrote:

Theres a guy who works in our chip shop who swears he's elvis

ian

theres a song about that isnt there?

Cant remember who sang that, was it kirsty mcColl ? or the smiths?

Ken

Hi Ken

It was Kirsty McColl, I had the original single, the B side has a 'country' version which is even better than the A side.

cheers

David

cheers david,looks like my long term memory is still god it is just my short term memory that is....that is..... hmmm, what was i talking about?

Ken

ken..how do you quote someones post as you have done with mine above?

Ride Safe!

oh i see how now

Ride Safe!

There's a guy who lives in my hometown who honestly believes he's Elvis. He dresses the part(one piece rhinestone incrusted jumpsuits),talks the part(thank you very much),shakes his hand(palm inward,3 fingers in the air) snarls his lip and thrusts his hips at the drop of a dime.He even drives around in a replica Cadilac Kit car customized exactly like one of "The King's" previously owned automobiles. I think this guy is cool!! Hey man, whatever makes you happy.........

Give everything but up.

some do take things a bit too far,lol, but like you said, if he is happy then let him be.
But if he is making money from doingthis then good on him, he will have to get lots of cardboard and design his own gracelands and cover his house in it,lol

Ken

Little story: I followed 2 years a course in hypnosis, I used it in my job but sometimes just for fun. It is amazing what you can reach. BUT people will never do 1 thing that is not in the line of their character.
But you can make people talking, I take Quebec Canada as example, only English even if there mother tongue is French, and they are not able to speak French, just English. You can indeed tell someone who is a huge Elvisfan, that he meets and greets Elvis under hypnosis, and for that person it is REAL
You also have the phenomenon: ILLUSIONIST like Copperfield. How can this man "create the illusion" that the statue of liberty has gone. THIS IS INCREDIBLE.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Hey Doc I hope that you mean that you can make the Quebecers speak english and not french under hypnosis. The first time I read the post it almost sounded as if you were saying that most quebecois cannot speak french. as you know we are a french speaking provence. out of 7.5 million people here close to 80% only speak french. As you know my mother tongue is french and english is a second language for me.

Je suis juste un petit peu confus, je croit que la sytax de votre texte porte a confusion.
Bonne journee mon petit cousin Belge et bon week-end.

Michel

I may be goin' to hell in a bucket babe