Topic: [feature request] Capo use

i find a lot of song are originaly played or sometimes just eeasier to play withg the use of a CAPO, however doesnt seem to allow the use of CAPO in the notation. i would really love to see CAPO's implemented.

it could be implemented as just a text  in the header but i would be awesome if it could be integrated with the transpose up/down functionality. IE Eb would turn into E etc.

as a secondary request i would like to seee some more 'tunings' in the drop down menu (for instance dropped D tuning wich is used a lot in folk songs)

Re: [feature request] Capo use

If you wanted to have a capo on the 2nd fret then you should just transpose a whole tone down (two semitones) and it should give you the chords for above the capo. Aye, should work nicely.

i basicaly meant the option to include it on the sheet that it should be used  (and the correct chords are show relative to he capo)

i thing quite a few songs are off because they would normaly be played with a capo.

Pvc,
yes, this can be annoying when it shows a song in E,C,G A butit does not show you are meant to use a capo. I have found this with a few songs.
Thing to do is find out if it should have a capo first, then you can go in and make changes to the song yourself, so you can type in "capo 2ND" etc.
the reason it does not come automatically wit hthis instruction is no fault of chordie.
Because chordie works as a search engine from othr sites, it would have to be the other sites originally that has to state " capo 2nd".

hope that explains and helps

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Transposition isn't hard.  I think this could be a good opportunity to learn just a little theory, and how it applies to the fretboard.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

yer right, transposition is not hard but a capo is still good to use, especially if when it is transposed it uses a chord you do not like to play. i.e it is easier to put a capo on the third fret rather than change a C chord to D# etc.

Ken

upyerkilt wrote:

yer right, transposition is not hard but a capo is still good to use, especially if when it is transposed it uses a chord you do not like to play. i.e it is easier to put a capo on the third fret rather than change a C chord to D# etc.

Ken

Well, if that's the case, I'd argue that you learn to barre and use the A form of those chords.  big_smile

ah i see, i thought chordie had its own DB instead of just indexing others.

the problem wasnt that transposing is difficult, it was that some song are just 'wrong'  the way they are listed becasue they need  a CAPO or transposition.  specialy if the song is orginaly played with a higher fret  capo, wich gives a diffrent sound then transposition would

The problem with chordies listings is that they always give you the chord diagrams from the nut.  Most of those three and four chord ditties are way easier to play barred, which means that transposing them is as simple as moving your hand a few frets one way or another.

I agree that songs listed in a key other than what the original was played in is frustrating.  A cappo isn't the tool I'd use to fix it, though.

jerome.oneil wrote:
upyerkilt wrote:

Ken

Well, if that's the case, I'd argue that you learn to barre and use the A form of those chords.  big_smile

ermm, no thnaks, you obviousy have not seen my stubby fingers that make it hard to barr, so i will stick to my plain old chords and strumming,.......with a cappo, lmao
ken