Topic: joe cocker

I find his latest album "great". He is getting older, his interpretations of other peoples songs is a lot more relax: less R&R, and more jazzy-gospel, ballads.
As far for me HYMN FOR MY SOUL is one of his best albums.

THE QUESTION IS DID "THE MAN" EVER WROTE 1 SINGLE SONG, or is he the KARAOKE champion.
At least he is the KARAOKE-CHAMPION, but who knows more about the songs he wrote personnaly
He did write songs, but I don't know what songs.
DO YOU KNOW WHAT SONGS HE WROTE???

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: joe cocker

I think as great a singer he is, and I remember seeing him at woodstock in 1969, but his craft is just singing! Frank Sinatra didn't write any songs either, Leon Russell wrote some of his real early stuff! The stuff I love to hear him sing!

Re: joe cocker

Hi Lieven,

Joe Cocker and Chris Stainton wrote "High Time We Went", "Marjorine" and "Woman To Woman". Joe Cocker and Tony Joe White wrote "While You See A Chance".

I hope that helps.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"