Topic: THE GERM SONG inspired by JAMES

THE GERM SONG

C             E7            Am              F                   E7 here  x     x     x    o    x    x 1th fret
I like to tell you some stories about germs
   C             E7            Am             F                                 x     o     x    x    x    x  2nd fret
They feel at home in and on our bodies
   C                      B7                  Fm (7th fret)    like B on fret 7, take Am chord move to 7th
Strange enough we don't know that we need them too

Fm ?   o    o    o    o    o    o 7th fret
                                                                                            x    x    x    x    o    x
                                                                                            x    x    o    o    x    x

This are only the first 3 lines, I played it in a strum/fingerstyle mix.
I hope this looks good James, I wanted it different at first, heavier rocksong, it sounds pretty on the electric too, but I am still in an acoustic phase. By the way, it is a tune I didn't had, because I prefer to write something else.
The only thing is, when you take the E chord, and you move up, using barré on the 7th, you have a B chord, and the only good fitting chord was, doing the same with Am, again up and using fret 7 in barre
PLEASE BE MY MUSE.

Last edited by gitaardocphil (Today 13:11:11)

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: THE GERM SONG inspired by JAMES

Hi Doc!  You have your finger o the pulse of a great song idea here - now lets put it into the old petri dish and see what might grow.

This topic could be lots of fun because there are all sorts of microbiology tidbits that are quite interesting.  I'm not a medical man, but there are a few things I am aware of.

For instance; oral floraculture (bacteria in our mouths and saliva) is very important to our health.  Likewise the stuff in our intestines is essential to proper digestion.  I know there is a kind of critter or bacteria that lives only in the roots of our eyelashes.  Likewise, I'm sure there are many other beneficial protozoa and bacterium that are necessary for proper health.  Many lyrical possibilities in the common and Latin names for these creatures.

Maybe the song could say something about how a lover is something like these benefical symbiotes (or a harmful parasite)?  Great fun to had here . . . James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Hi Docphil,
Please dont post this song untill  I have my Sunday Meal.
I am starving right now! I can smell my Roast Chicken and Peach Cobbler from here. I so want to enjoy it!   Better still ill switch off! and come back later!
You can join me if you like! lol !!.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

4 (edited by gitaardocphil 2007-09-02 17:04:58)

let the GERMS RULE
The most amazing thing here is, HOW they found germs, and if you start digging deeper, what about a virus, and even better: HOW DO THEY LOCATE A GEN ON DNA.
This is far over my knowledge.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Hello again Doc - While putzing around and napping this fine Sunday afternoon I shall get some ideas down for your consideration.  I'm thinking a quirky little song of love . . . something about how "You say I'm a parasite, but I am a symbiote . . .".  Maybe a little bluesy sort of contemplation about a dysfunctional relationship?  James

OK Doc, here is what I came up with . . . it's a quirky little song of love in blues.  Not quite about germs, but it is about a musician who is infected with stupidity - somebody who needs to grow up quite a bit.  Hope you get a giggle . . .

Explanation for non-biologists/physicians:
Symbiotic relationship = a mutually beneficial co-existance of two living things.
Parasite = an organism that relies upon a host organism for sustenance, parasites are harmful.

I still want to do a song just about germs - but that will have to wait for another day.

Parasite BluesJames McCormick; September 2, 2007

based on 'a germ of an idea' from gitaardocphil

12-bar blues

Babe, there's [G]seems to be a problem, [G]something to explain

You're [G]taking our love and just [G7]flushing it down the drain

My [C7]manhood is all wilted, my [C7]feelings are all bruised

My [G]ego is all damaged, my [G]thoughts are all confused

You [D7]say that I am lazy, don't think [C7]twice it is alright

I [G]say we're symbiotic, but you say I'm a para-[G7]site

. . . .

I'm [G]working on my music all [G]night and every day

Com-[G]posing meaningful lyrics and [G7]groovy melodies

It [C7]takes a lot of effort to be [C7]such a great artiste

So [G]paying all the bills shouldn't [G]bother you the least

You [D7]say I do not care, don't think [C7]twice it is alright

. . . .

[G]Ever since we met when I [G]did that open mic

My [G]songs were so poetic you had [G7]never heard the like

We [C7]came here to your place where we [C7]did the bump and grind

I [G]needed a place to crash, and you [G]said you didn't mind

Now you're [D7]screaming I should go, don't think [C7]twice it is alright

I [G]say we're symbiotic, you say I'm a para-[G7]site

. . . .

Why [G]just the other day, I got a [G]blister on my thumb

And [G]practicing the barre chords my [G7]fingers go all numb

But [C7]I am willing to sacrifice [C7]anything for my art

You're [G]working at two jobs, that [G]is your chosen part

Stop [D7]sobbing so hard, don't think [C7]twice it is alright

I [G]say we're symbiotic, but you say I'm a para-[G7]site.

. . . .

Babe, it's [G]just a matter of time till I [G]get my lucky break

[G]Throwing me out right now is [G7]such a big mistake

Those [C7]songs I wrote about you came [C7]from my very soul

You've [G]been my inspiration, my [G]sweet little jelly roll

Now you [D7]say it's all over, don't think [C7]twice it is alright

. . . .

You [G]made an ugly scene when you got [G]home early from work

That [G]girl was nobody special, stop [G7]screaming I'm a jerk

I just [C7]met her in the park while [C7]busking for change

We were [G]doing what comes natural, stop [G]acting so deranged

I can [D7]notbe monogamous, don't think [C7]twice it is alright

. . . .

So, I'll [G]gather up my stuff and head [G]out in the rain

I'll [G]have to write a song about [G7]my artistic pain

Some [C7]day you will brag about [C7]how you knew me when

I [G]was a starving artist and how I [G]loved you way back then

Stop [D7]throwing all my stuff, don't think [C7]twice it is alright

I [G]say we're symbiotic, but you [D7]say I'm a para-[G]site.

7 (edited by Old Doll 2007-09-03 11:52:36)

Docphil,

Dont you see this is how easy it is???. Now wouldn't that "James Fella" just

get on " your Pot Herbs " { Nerves}  the way he can churn these out at the drop of a hat!
Thanks for not having any fancy F chords James, I can play this one!

Well done!
Old Doll.

Must get back to work!

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

I don't know too many songs about germs but there was a little number called "Germ Free Adolescents" by X ray specs which I loved when I was a lad

great lyrics

YES it is fantastic: "THE PARASITE SONG", thanks James, you are my muse, like I said.
But about germs: you have a "subject" that you can use, when I start writing about germs, or you chordians, because I know a lot about these "invisible" things, and the damage as a result from infection.
I will give you some names of "germs" (there is even a funny joke about them: 4 germs are playing poker in the bowel of a person, one of the germs looks on his watch, takes his money saying goodnight to the other 3, but 5 minutes later the germ is back. The others don't understand why he is back, and they want to know the reason, well said the germ, it's nothing serious, but I have to stay here for some hours extra, because I missed the SHIT bus from nine o clock.
Some germ names: NEVER FORGET WE NEED GERMS, BECAUSE QUIT A FEW GERMS DO PROTECT US, AND THEY WILL BE ONLY VERY AGGRESSIVE IF A PART OF YOUR SKIN IS AWAY. Like "burn" wounds. YOU have E. COLI, STAPHYLOCOCCUS AURELIUS, STREPTOCOCS, and more: if you have an ABSCESS, and you open it it has sometimes a horrible odour. Why: there are two different kinds: germs who DON'T like OXYGEN, and the most common: the ones who NEED oxygen. Only with the things I wrote, you can make a song. At this moment, I play it acoustic, slow and a little bit "bluesy" but, and this is for our younger chordians, when they like Metal, it sounds not bad, but the bluesy style is better. James DON'T forget: thousands of people here in the "western world" die a "HOSPITAL" germ: and the problem gets bigger and bigger, they are no more sensitive for antibiotics: to much Doctors prescribe these drugs. When Napoleon wanted to conquer Russia: he lost the war because of Germs (no GERMans).