1 (edited by gitaardocphil 2007-09-16 10:22:09)

Topic: THIS IS AMAZING

I was surfing (again) and I found this information, all former members who were part as musicians from the in Europe, well known group John Mayall and the Bluesbrakers
The Bluesbreakers were formed in January 1963 and became an ever-evolving lineup of more than 100 different combinations of musicians performing under that name[1]. Eric Clapton joined in 1965 just a few months after the release of their first album. Clapton brought the blues influences to the forefront of the group, as he had left The Yardbirds in order to play the blues.
So here is a list of former members, even a guy named Larry Taylor, who played with Canned Heat. Walter Trout, who played in a few famous groups, and later formed his own band. I was really in "a state of shock" reading all those names and events, like Clapton, when he left to form Cream with his buddy, see list, and being replaced by Peter Green, who left for Fleetwood Mac, and being replaced by Mick Taylor who left too to play with the Rolling Stones.
Has anyone an idea what he is doing now?
Eric Clapton
Jack Bruce
Peter Green
John McVie
Mick Fleetwood
Hughie Flint (formed with Tom McGuinness, McGuinness Flint)
Mick Taylor
Colin Allen
Don Harris
Harvey Mandel (played 9 months with Canned Heat)
Larry Taylor
Aynsley Dunbar
Dick Heckstall-Smith
Andy Fraser
Johnny Almond
Jon Mark
Kal David
Walter Trout
Coco Montoya
Soko Richardson
There was a second band: ALEXIS KORNER, in which group played also some FAMOUS musicians: some names: the group included, at various times, such influential musicians as Charlie Watts, Jack Bruce, Ginger Baker, Long John Baldry, Graham Bond, Danny Thompson and Dick Heckstall-Smith. It also attracted a wider crowd of mostly younger fans, some of whom occasionally performed with the group, including Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Brian Jones, Rod Stewart, John Mayall and Jimmy Page.
If you see and read all those names, it is almost not to imagine that 2 guys: Mayall and Korner, with all their former members, are almost "THE FACE" of music, rock and blues influence still today a lot of guitar players.
This is far the most important list of musicians who became real great names.

GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: FIND A MENTOR TOO

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: THIS IS AMAZING

good post phil!!

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Re: THIS IS AMAZING

Quit a list, almost unbelievable that a man like MAYALL was able to "create" so many famous artists.

GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: IT IS TO SOON TO MEET YOUR CREATOR

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]