1 (edited by bud_wiser 2007-09-20 13:38:52)

Topic: Sgt Peppers Old Farts Club Band - Scotland

G'day all,

Having just hit the dreaded 3-0 I fear I may be lurching head long into a mid life crisis but whatever it is I'm willing to embrace it and pursue my aim to get a band or "old farts club" together to help each other improve as players and also to do a gig or two.....just to see what happens.

Would be good to meet other guys and gals in a similar position and who fancy maybe getting together to play and possibly write together and see what comes of it.

I've been playing for almost 2 years now and I'm ok at the basics and can knock out a few songs. Would have to confess that my vocals are better than my playing so I wouldn't be too precious about being the lead guitarist. If there's someone out there who fancies that role instead then great.

I generally prefer accoustic music at the minute (as it's what I've been playing for 2 years) but I'm open to most things.

If anyone has any interest in it then give me a shout.

Cheers,
Mark

P.S. If anyone wants to check out what they'd be getting themselves in for you can see a bit of me in action at the following link....don't say you weren't warned tongue

http://www.youtube.com/user/budwiser1877

All I got, is a red guitar, three chords and the truth

Re: Sgt Peppers Old Farts Club Band - Scotland

Mark

I only listened to one song so far and gave ye 5 starrs. Very good for covering that song " wherever I will go". I tried that but found it hard to sing I think???? canny remrember.

Anyway,
where in Scotland are ye?

I am into writing music with someone, or even getting more ideas for the songs I have. But I dont know how much free time I have anytime,lol, (wife's fault with her shifts)

But I could be interested. I like yer voice and ye can play. Good enough for me

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

3 (edited by upyerkilt 2007-09-20 17:38:16)

haha, PAISLEY!!!
answered for ye before you could.lol,, amazing what a reply in another post reveals.

Not too far away from me. 40 minute drive.

What sort of songs are you into doing?
What style?

I am a fussy b**ger

Ken

4 (edited by bud_wiser 2007-09-20 18:49:53)

Hahaha, you're familiar with my tale of shame then!

I'm into most sorts of music really. As I mentioned, at the minute I'm into playing anything that can be done accoustically.That includes everything from Oasis, Pink Floyd, U2, The Band, The Eagles yadda yadda yadda....anything goes really.

What about you? What fluffs your meringue? tongue

All I got, is a red guitar, three chords and the truth

I play a lot, hmmm, an awful lot of pink floyd, syd barrett, some eagles, chili peppers, john prine, scottish and irish folk mostly, slf, the jam, ac dc, the beatles,
Hmmm, lots.

a list from one of my books would be :

Echoes....floyd.
gunners dream
vera...floyd
hey you .....floyd
final cut....floyd
possible pasts... floyd
bike.....floyd. also,  the gnome, brain damaged little black book with me poems in ,lol effervessing elephant, dark globe by syd along with Love you,wined and dined,if its in you, love song

then i got stuff like

eleanor rigbey, ballad of john and yoko, shook me all nioght long, no expectations, tuesday morning, t.n.t. , Polly, Otherside, civil war
iused to love her, brown sugar, helptimes are a changing, dedicaTED follower of fashion, piano man ( without a piano)i walk the line, broken stones, tequila sunrise, peaceful easy feeling, lying eyes, in the ghetto.

And I got about another hundred or so songs. and about 16 of my own

UYK
Do you have this one in your repretoire?

I usually sing this on the girley W/E. But then i have my own womans backing group with me.
I really do like Men? I just couldnt eat a whole one. Hmm, Maybe fried then!
I jest of course!

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=bi_mSrvy52Q

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

nope lena
I have not, not yet anyway

cheers for that.

Ken