Topic: Leeds United - Any football fans out there?

This is just a comment from a disgruntled yank that can't see his team play when they are on a historic run, or at least it looks like it to me. Leeds United started the season having been relegated from the Championship to League 1. The FA also gave them a 15 point penalty for they start of the season that might have taken the fight out of a lot of teams. Leeds United has gone on to win the first 7 matches to go from minus 15 to positive 6, that’s a 21 point turn around in the minimal amount of time. I hear nothing of their run over here in the states but is it news in England? If you do not follow football and for some reason there appears to be a little disdain for football fans in some corners of the UK and to those who feel that way please ignore this question but for those of you who do follow football let me know. Even better are there any Leeds Fan’s out there?

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

2 (edited by johncross21 2007-09-24 19:27:13)

Re: Leeds United - Any football fans out there?

My brother in law is a Leeds fan so I follow their fortunes with half an eye

it been a disasterous time for Leeds over three years having been relegated twice and starting at the bottom of the league one table with lots of fairly small clubs

I imagine that they have a large and loyal fan base and will start climbing back (they are taking their time over it tho)

my workmate lives and breathes leeds we get it 24/7 ,i just like them draws on the football coupon...

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

I believe they used to have a Chairman who got them into some serious financial difficulty.

This same man is now in charge of Royal Mail (uk's postal service) and seems pretty determined to do the same to it.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Ahoy,
I'm a Leeds fan...man and boy as they say in the north, though I wouldn't really know about that as I am Australian, and follow the Whites fom afar here in Brisbane.
Good to hear there are other fans out there, no doubt all suffering slightly at the ignominy the club has been through.
A long climb back, and hard to see it happening soon without a major injection of capital from somewhere.
Still we're undefeated, and hopefully can at least climb back into the championship for next season.