Topic: Being 13 sucks!

when I turned 13 my parents started raging on me about everything.
I cant get them to shut up!
Some how every thing that's wrong is my falt.
And thay dont trust me anymore.
anyone els having this problem?
Any solutions?
you're rebel rocker,
        elora

Lets go melt some faces!!!!

Re: Being 13 sucks!

I LOVE UR PIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry

Yeah.  Your problems usually end when you move out and start paying your own freight.  Amazingly enough, your parents get a whole lot smarter right about then, too.

No one has ever figured out why that is.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

It is probably because you are changing from a little girl into a young woman and they  love you dearly and want to protect you from the big bad world. It is a phase that most parents go through.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hang in there Rockerchick. We were all 13 at one time. Hopefully it's a phaze your parents are going through.Show them you can do things around the house and gain some respect. Keep positive and things can change for the better.
Hope things will turn around for you.

Take Care...Badeye.

one caper after another

Hi rockerchick - part of growing up is the fact that adults must continually earn and maintain respect.  Little kids can get by on just being cute - as a teenager you are no longer a little kid.  Now, you must start to demonstrate that you are worthy of respect.

Take responsibility for your actions, take control of your time, earn the respect of your parents by showing you are worthy of respect.  If you want more independence, show them you are capable of handling the freedom.

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

James McCormick wrote:

Hi rockerchick - part of growing up is the fact that adults must continually earn and maintain respect.  Little kids can get by on just being cute - as a teenager you are no longer a little kid.  Now, you must start to demonstrate that you are worthy of respect.

Take responsibility for your actions, take control of your time, earn the respect of your parents by showing you are worthy of respect.  If you want more independence, show them you are capable of handling the freedom.

I could not have said it better than this.

rockerchick,
  Sometimes it's not that we don't trust our children, it's that we don't trust other people's children.
I have three little girls. As a man I now what other young men have on their minds. As a father I have already planned how to combat this. (I'm going to send all three of my daughters to Nun School. There'll be none of this, none of that and none of the other.) Being a parent is about knowing, teaching and learning. We teach what we know and we learn what we don't.
Show that you can be trusted and you will be. Have patience with your parents, they're still learning too. As a little girl, everything you said and did was cute. As a young woman the things you say and do can be dangerous. You have reached the age that you think you can do everything. your paents have reached the age where they fear everything. Just have patience. If you ever find yourself wanting to give a shout out to someone one on one try looking up ( Old Doll ). She has written to me a couple of times. Old Doll could be someone that give a whole lot better personal advice than I could.

If you're not happy with what you have...
Then you'll never be happy with what you get...

I recall being 13 and it did in fact suck.  The good news is that what you learn now will serve you your entire life.  The bad news is that it's not fun learning it.  Part of the problem is that your mind, your spirit, and your body are all in conflict with one another for now.  Another part of it is that you have so many important lessons to learn.  Worse is that there's only two ways to learn those life lessons, the hard way and the Uh-oh, What Have I Done way.  Your parents are trying to guide you to learning them the hard way.  There is no easy way, but the Uh Oh What Have I Done way seems like the easy way on the front end of the lesson.  Bear with it.  Better times worth waiting for are coming. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Hi RockerChick,
Did something happen? Did you do something to make your parents rage at you?
If not! then you must have eye to eye conversation, through honest
communication with them. Confrontation is only about power. When you realise your parents have more experience in life you may understand more
where they are coming from? They only want to protect you.. You must
never do anything in life you would be ashamed of if your parents were there
looking at you.
Shhh now!, Could possibly be the womanly Hormones have kicked in big time to your teen age body. Difficult at any time. So try to be aware of these few pointers. If you want to be a Rocker Chick? then you must learn discipline from
right now..
If all fails, Email me any time.. I can be your shoulder you can rage
on.
Barróga agus póga.. {Hugs and Kisses }

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Must just put a foot note here. I hadnt seen Eagleeye's post. before i posted mine.. Anyhow, Eagleeye, you gave sound advice!  But your not supposed to let out my secret life as "Agony Aunt"
Ps. did you get your Present?

Old Doll.

Seems to me that at about age 13, people naturally want to start asserting their indedendence.  This is a good thing.  However, teenagers typically don't yet have the skills to be truly self sufficient since they have not yet acquired the experience to fully appreciate the potentially devastating consequences of counter-productive behavior (otherwise known as 'doing stupid stuff').

Asserting one's independence is a good thing - parental guidance during this process is also a good thing.  There will always be tension - there will always be disagreements over expectations and rules.  What might seem like an excellent idea to a 13-year old will strike a more expereienced person as an obviously bad idea.

Like eagleeye5851 said, "It's not that we don't trust our children, it's that we don't trust other people's children."  There is a great line in "Men In Black" something like, "A person is smart - but a bunch of people together can be really stupid."  This applies to people of all ages, but particularly to younger people who often feel invincible and immune from harm.

Didn't mean to ramble on so much here - but Rockerchick, don't simply rebel against your parent's concerns.  Rather, understand that respect and independence are very valuable and must be earned - that is what growing up is all about.

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

rocherchick,
  Most times, and from most people, you'll find that respect is earnt not givin.
I love and respect my children, but I don't always respect their decisions.
Yes I am a prying parent. I want to know all about my daughter's freinds. I want to always know where my children are and what they are doing and who they are doing it with.
The place and time that I grew up was safer and kinder. A person could leave their front door opened at night. A young adult, I say young adult because that is what you are now and not a child, could go hang out and parents didn't have to fear. Well, maybe not fear as much.
I'm sure that by now you've already heard those little sayings that really @@@@ you off. Like it wasn't like that when I was a kid, I just did it myself. If I had done what you just did my parents would have beatin me. Lets face it, Life today for young adults is a whole lot more challenging and tempting.

Don't be scared to ask questions, but always be careful what you say and who you say it to over the internet. Not everyone has good intentions. Not everyone cares about you as a person. Some people get on the internet with the intention of causing you harm.

Through some of my lengthy conversations I've discovered a lot of people that will talk with you. They will help in any way they can. I've found this to be a really good site.

Old Doll, I got your message lound and clear. THANKS!!!

hi its me. I have not dun anything wrong (that thay know of)my moms all rightbut my dad thinks that because he is not my real dad that he has to be strict.Im not even alowd to talk on the internet. thay think I could be talking to perverts but I know not to give out to much info.
And you guys have been so nice and helpful so far.and I trust this site. And about me being so cute when I was younger Ive acted like a 20 year old sence I was 10.And it could be because my mom did so bad things when she was a kid like me for example I was an accedint.And I might have been a brat lately but thay ripped me out of my home and put me in a new one that is a bad school people do drugs and cut themselves I DONT. but my friends do and I try to tell her and she dus not beleave me she thinks Im lying because I want to go home. which I do but Im not lying. so Ive been through a lot more than thay think.IVE BEEN SMART SO FAR.

Hey Rockerchick,
Yes 13 is a hard age for all the reasons that the others have said.  I have 4 daughters, 7 god-daughters and a whole heap more that I consider daughters and each and everyone of them has been 13 and each and everyone of them has found it hard.  So you're not alone out there.  If at sometime you find it hard to communicate with your folks, then put into a song !
Us parents get a bit mixed up also and we do and say things that we didn't mean to say and do.
You say you're been smart so far, that's cool Rockerchick, keep being smart, keep being honest and above all keep smiling.  Because before you know it 13 will seem like a distant memory.
Keep coming back to this site, the chordie people will help you.

Ray

"If You Always Do What You've Always Done - You'll Always Get What You've Always Got !"

rockerchick wrote:

hi its me. I have not dun anything wrong (that thay know of)my moms all rightbut my dad thinks that because he is not my real dad that he has to be strict.Im not even alowd to talk on the internet. thay think I could be talking to perverts but I know not to give out to much info.
And you guys have been so nice and helpful so far.and I trust this site. And about me being so cute when I was younger Ive acted like a 20 year old sence I was 10.And it could be because my mom did so bad things when she was a kid like me for example I was an accedint.And I might have been a brat lately but thay ripped me out of my home and put me in a new one that is a bad school people do drugs and cut themselves I DONT. but my friends do and I try to tell her and she dus not beleave me she thinks Im lying because I want to go home. which I do but Im not lying. so Ive been through a lot more than thay think.IVE BEEN SMART SO FAR.

Rockerchick:

Stay smart, it takes time to get old, don't get there to quick. When I was 13 I had a job and had money. So what do you do when your young with money buy dope and think that that is the answer to any problem in the world. You also have friends, being raised in Los Angeles County California and hispanic you tend to grow into and gravitate to social clubs called gangs, the first time I seen some one get shot I was three yrs old and to this day I still remember all three people 2 guys and one girl, good life huh. So now your in a gang and you have money for dope your high and always getting into some kind of trouble. By the time I was 14 years old I had 3 friends, same age dead, dying is no way of life. Change in life style why? I still have money, dope and know everything.

Music always had it playing around the house had money so I bought me a guitar when I was 13 (still have it 33 yrs later). Loved music changed from gangs to garage bands but the dope still stayed. I still knew everything, most of the old friends were now dead and the ones that wer'nt were starting their new future in junivile or prison. Music was great, the drugs got better and I still new everything.

Got older, never got busted, never went to prision, still knew everything. Still had money for dope, drug problem? No, I had the money, I knew what was good and I knew where to get it. Substance and Acohol abuse problem YES because all of the above. How old am I at the time of this grandure the wise age of 19 years old. Get rid of the acohol but the drugs still there and better because I can afford better ones, oh yeah still love music.

Have an older sister that becomes a born again christian, continues to pray for me. Do I need Jesus, no I still have drugs. Should I have ever been busted, or in an accident or killed myself? Yes, still love music. Sister still prays for me, still have drugs, still know everything. Then one night I'm around 25 or 26 yrs old I hear the knocking on my heart and I answer, It's JESUS and HE tells me (implied) all that above doesn't matter that's who you were and this is what you will become. You have opened the door of your heart and invited me in, I died for you and have washed away all your sins and I love you unconditionally.

What did he want in return NOTHING. The point of this part of my life above as lived by me is the choices that you make as a youth. They will mould your character but only you are going to make the choice. Your choices will not only affect you but those who love you. Every choice you make there is a cost. It maybe financially, painfully, emotionally or at the cost of others. The bible says that there is nothing new under the sun, its just a part of your growth that you are experiencing right now. At no time in this reply am I condoning drugs or my previous lifestyle. GOD had a plan for me and HE seem's fit to see me through it. I have recieved a second chance and I still know everything just ask me :LOL:.

Don't give up immerse yourself in music, I still love music. I now build my own guitars, I love GOD, HE still has not given up on me.
Just hang tight and you'll get through it, and as the Doll said you can always send an email.

Respectfully,

Bootlegger.
Bootlegger guitars.

I feel so much better, bootlegger your story made me cry and old doll you have verry good advice.Bootleger I beleve in god I am even profetic. I play my guitar at church with the band and after church I play out in the hallway. And I beleve that god will git me through this. I pray every night even for the kids who makefun of me for not doing drugs. And I beleve that he will help them ....... if thay will let him .thanks everyone I never thought posting things could be emotional.         you've helped.

18 (edited by Old Doll 2007-09-26 09:20:47)

RockerChick,
YOUR NOT AN ACCIDENT.. You already have a story to tell at 13 to be an example to other 13 year olds.

See there is always a bigger picture with people young or old.
When your 13 its hard to be with your friends and not do as they do. ie drink and drugs or whatever.   I was 19 in the summer of sixty Nine. Free love, drugs
you name it it was around me... My choice was always music. My Friends
parents all thought i was real sensible...I wasnt, i just went with my gut feeling
of what i loved most...Worked all day, and sang with a group most nights.Or danced,or read or learned new songs..I also decided free love wasnt for me as thats not what love is about for me.. I was and remain a one Man Woman. When He declared his love for someone else and  changed that situation some years ago,Yes! i was devasted, but It  didnt change me and still hasnt... Bootlegger is right, You will know when God wants the change for you. If and when He decides my life to be different, it will be..If i am meant to be with someone else in my life it will be so. In the meantime i absolutely enjoy life and who i am.
Your a clever 13 year old, but the internet is dangerous. People will be nice
to you. Some may have an ulteriour motive for you..Thats a big fear we all
feel for you..
Some time ago, i was getting all kinds of request through my space?
At my age it took me quite a while to realise " One Photo i had there was giving the wrong impression! I removed it, and these request stopped.
So even at my age we can be niave.
Stay with your church and music.. Deep down there could be jelousy about the skills you already have in your new surroundings.  Is it possible for you to start a small Music group? Teaching Guitar and songs? Be the perfect example of being you! Its kind of boring to be the same as everyone else..
Your circumstances have and will mould you.. So far they have made you a smart young woman.. Transition is always difficult! The less you  resist the easier it will be. Lots of people on hear have been honest because of you young lady.
As the song says. "Ripples in still waters, where there is no pebble tossed, or wind  to blow! You reached out your hand Rockerchick and we hold you as if you were our own!.

Love and light to you RockerChick.
My email is always available to you.

Old Doll.

RockerChick! I have a burning Desire to meet this Man Mark singing this song!
He gives a shy Bashful smile at the end that justs melts my heart.I would love to hear his life story!  Enjoy.
Ripple.
http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky-ESc6tgyw

Kids that laugh at you for not doing drugs are eminently mockable.   You should practice pointing an laughing and make fun of them for being ridiculously stupid.

Hey Rockerchick!

I for one am glad you made this post. I have a 10 year old daughter with a lot of the things you are experiencing just around the corner. I can only hope i have the understanding to deal with it properly. Parents, I think, tend to look on teenage problems as something their children inflict on THEM. I pray that when the time comes I can remember my own teenage years and offer her help, support and love. No-one should feel that they are an accident or that they are a burden to anyone.

My wife used to say that she was an accident. But if she had not "happened" then neither would her brother. And I would never have met her, and we would not now be blessed with the most beautiful, happy, loving daughter.

Love and life,

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

James McCormick wrote:

Amen!!

(I'm saving this for my kid when he hits his teens in 12 years)

=]
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

jerome.oneil wrote:

Kids that laugh at you for not doing drugs are eminently mockable.   You should practice pointing an laughing and make fun of them for being ridiculously stupid.

The best part about mocking stoners is that they can't remember who did it. 

While I don't think anyone should be mocked, and that all people are redeemable (see bootlegger's post), I certainly have to suggest that if I had to choose which behavior to mock - doing drugs versus not doing drugs - I would surely pick doing drugs.  Good choice on your part Rockerchick for choosing to abstain.  That is a PERFECT example of the difference between learning the hard way (it's hard to resist peer pressure and make the right choice) and learning the Uh-oh What Have I Done way.  Well done!!!

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

23 (edited by jerome.oneil 2007-09-26 19:15:05)

Zurf wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:

The best part about mocking stoners is that they can't remember who did it.

Hahaha!!!  Wait....  wut?

While I don't think anyone should be mocked,

I believe that everyone, at some point in their life, needs a good mocking.

Take this guy for instance.  Tell me he doesn't need laughed at.  He's a Cardinals fan, for crying out loud!  Hahah!!!

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/n/U/moran.jpg

That's funny stuff Jerome!! The mullet and the dew rag, that guy's a true fashion icon!! Hey, did you hear the one about the stoner and the.......my watch is cool......

Give everything but up.

rockerchick,
I don't want for you to take this badly, but sometimes people will judge us by the company that we keep.
This can be a really bad situation for someone that has been flung into a place where they're sorrounded by 'sewer water'.
Sometimes we find ourselves in the company of people that we normally wouldn't associate with, except that this is all that's around.
The world can get pretty lonely when you feel that you've got noone to talk with.
Don't dispare, and don't ever give up your convictions. You'll always find someone to talk with on this sight. If you decide that some of you talks can feel to personal to just blurt them out, then try looking through some of the people's comments and maybe you'll be able to find someone that you feel you can talk with.
Old Doll, Is on person that I've found that you could talk with. Then there's upyerkilt, and jets60. There are many more, don't ever think that you're alone, cause you're not.