Topic: a sugestion if possible

Hi Per,

i was wondering if it was possible and eay to do this for a feature.
I just came across it while learning a new song.
I had to transpose the chords -5 seimitones and I still could not sing it properly, so I tried other transpositions but found some chords hard to play, so I put it back to -5 semitones and put a capo on the first fret PERFECT!!!!
but what I want to know is Could you put a box for notes in a song that is only visible if you put it in your own songbook? So it is not showing for everyone to see,
So if I save a song like this and I have to transpose it -5 and dont play it for a while I will have a wee reminder box to put the capo on.

I know I could go in and edit the song and do a { st:  capo on first } sort of thing, but just wondering how easy it would be for an option like I am asking.

If it is not possible or too much hassle then I will just edit it like I said for my own songbook.

cheers

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Re: a sugestion if possible

It is possible. However, I am not sure what is the correct way to implement it. In general I should make changes consistent with the chopro-format. The closest thing here is {comment: xxx}. Currently this is just printed as ordinary text. I have been thinking about formatting it a bit smaller and in italic.

It is however shown all the time (printing and screen). Is that sufficient.

I could of course add an interface for easily adding notes to songs. I could also make it possible to hide comments when printing.

Re: a sugestion if possible

yep Per,
that is fine.
I will edit the song to put my comments in. But no need for them to be hidden really. When I print it out I would still like to see my comment.

cheers

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending