Topic: ABOUT AMPS

I can't remember if this topic exists, but an amp is in fact as important as an electric guitar.
What are actually the best amps?
I have a MARSHALL VALVESTATE 100W (when I push on the start button, I have to use an old piece of a credit card, because the start button jumps back).
I also have a MARSHALL ACOUSTIC AS100D, I use this one a lot to play electric, because this amp gives you a freat sound, crystal clear.
My best amp is a FENDER CYBERTWIN 2x65W a monster, and this amp is quit unique because he has tubes and digital at the same time.

These are my amps, I like them all and use them all. With a floorboard, I can connect 1 guitar to use 2 amps together.
Best amp? DEFINITELY THE FENDER CYBERTWIN, having most of the amps made by Fender and a lot of effects on board.
WHICH AMP IS CONSIDERED AS THE BEST AMP or WHAT BRAND YOU USE TO PLAY?
I am trying to search a best price versus quality amps.

GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: THERE IS A LAMP IN MY AMP

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: ABOUT AMPS

Guitardoc!  Hope all is well at your end of the woods...with a Cybertwin, how could it not be!

I play my accustic thru a 30 watt Crate which I love.  If I upgrade, think I'll go for the Fishman Loudbox--I hear great things about that amp.

Play my electric thru a 60 watt Hartke--which I think gives you a lot of amp for your money.  I know there are a ton of amps with a higher quality sound, but for $200 you can't beat it.  If I could have any amp...other than your cybertwin, I'd probably go with a Genz-Benz El Diablo or Mesa / Boogie Stiletto.

3 (edited by gitaardocphil 2007-10-09 16:47:20)

Re: ABOUT AMPS

25Frankster, I was again lucky, also for a few guitars, and INFINITY speakers, to have one of my patients working as a high ranked custom. So when he found something special, he was really loved by people importing guitars, hi fi, by being CORRECT. So I got my Marshall valvestate 100W for maybe 250$ because there were a few scratches, and not longer to put it for sale in a Music shop. After my car crash (2000) insurance paid me really good (don't forget I paid a lot, and also the price was and is still very high, being disabled). I remember me surfing on the web some years ago, and I couldn't believe my eyes, FENDER CYBERTWIN 2x65, combination digital & tubes.
Almost all the "popular amps" Fender produced are in that amp. A lot of people I know, use Fender amps like Bassman, Twin Reverb, they told me that the sound was exactly the same(?), amazing is the fact that all the knobs for delay, distortion etc are turning automatic in that position, and than you can change a few things. I still don't understand how ingenious a human being can be. The acoustic Marshall, I didn't want at all the 100W, but they gave me time to try 50 vs 100, after 2 chords the decision was made. It seems unfair to have such things, but it was probably my way to keep myself psychological better, but after starting again, I was seeing again so much patients and I was destroying my body and mind. IT IS NOT FUNNY, at first a big relieve, followed by a huge dark period. I am so grateful that I found this site, I can even chat about other things. I LOVE CHORDIE AND ALL THE CHORDIANS

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]