Topic: Symbols used

Hi peeps.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the various symbols are that I find ll over the chrods kind folk send in and also on the chord sheets as supplied by Chordie.

The first one is the "=0D" found in Garth brooks' If Tomorrow never comes.

Secondly, on the resources page, if you select the

"A large chord chart" link, what does the symbol mean over the A string (second from top) on the chord for A+

Any help would be most gratefully received as usual.

Best Regards

Black Stet

Be light unto thyself.

Re: Symbols used

Regarding the '=OD' symbol on that Garth Brooks song:  I looked at the song and it seems that particular symbol is just junk . . . whoever originally submitted the selection to the guitartabs site simply made a mess of it. 

I am not personally familiar with this song, but it seems that there are a few other versions appearing in the Chordie index - take a look at those versions and you will probably find something that makes a whole lot more sense.

Sometimes when a song has strange-looking stuff (or seems to be missing lines in the lyric) it is useful to do the following:

Import the selection into your Chordie Songbook, go to your Songbook, and then open it using the 'edit' button at the end of the selections listing line.  You  will then see the song in a 2-pane format. 

The upper pane will show the original source file.  The lower pane will show the song as it appears once Chordie's formatting wizardry has been applied.

By editing the upper/source file, you can correct mistakes or make other changes as you see fit.  The 'update' and 'save' buttons can be used to see changes.  There are very brief (but sufficient) instructions for the simple editing codes in a button on the editing pane.

The editing changes you make in your Chordie Sngbook do not actually alter the source file on the host site  - they only change the way the file will appear when you access it from your Chordie Songbook.

If you choose to eventually publish a Songbook on Chordie, your editing changes will appear within that public Songbook.

As to the chord chart symbols . . . someone else will need to address that question.

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]