Topic: DISCUSSION AND CRITICS: BRAND NEW ALBUMS

It is related to the topic: Which Album is on your plaayer this week player, but is is not exactly the same. It is very related.
So why this topic?
We are all possessed by music, so I thought to "reopen"  the topic about the brand new albums and spread over 1-2 months. So from half September 'till now.
I do hope that "chordians" can talk and discuss about a brandnew album.

Next to the album, I will put "stars" from 0-10

JOHN FOGERTY "REVIVAL"          *********
It is an album, in my opinion, the closest to CCR, he ever made: swamp blues, country, folk, soul and rock (even some country music jazz gospel together on "the river is waiting'. It is like he is closing a "nasty period" after one of the most stupid things ever occurred in music record industry, (the other was Michael Jackson having the rights of Beatles-songs): no rights on his songs on the Fantasy label followed by trials. The funny thing is that he signed again a contract with Fantasy (impossible if he didn' get a phenomenal contract) 1 song on the album is track 3: creedence song (an amazing persiflage of the old CCR songs, and the Album title is REVIVAL. To hear it go to amazon.com. IT IS ONE OF THE BEST ALBUMS THIS YEAR, IF NOT THE BEST, especially for CCR fans and giving the opportunity to our young chordians, to find out, why all "the retired" people loved that band.
It is far the best album, softer voice and the "real familiar catchy tunes) ALREADY A CLASSIC for me.

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN MAGIC     ********
An album with the E street band (do I hear the soprano's?) and probably his best album since THE RIVER, but did "the boss" make bad albums? Probably yes, but there are always some good songs on it. Magic is more the BRUCE we know, a PROBABLY CLASSIC ALBUM

MARK KNOPFLER: KILL TO GET CRIMSON ******
My opinion: a typical Knopfler album, and to see that he is not really "creating" albums, because when I listen to thealbums Golden heart and Shangri La. He made some incredibly good albums like LOCAL HERO, LAST EXIT TO BROOKLYN, SAILING TO PHILADELPHIA, more used as a soundtrack. You will find some of the most beautiful songs, he is even able to write "classic music"  songs. My mother, who has a beautiful voice (close to opera) and ANTI modern songs, really loved some songs on the 3 albums.
After hearing the songs, I do not find an original song at all. He is repeating himself. I admit that a man like Mark Knopfler, who is very busy, writing songs ( probably one of the most busiest songwriters) will keep his style: never change a winning team. One thing: the way he plays guitar (do I hear JJ Cale) is different. Less Dire Straits guitar. All by all, it is a nice album, but definitely not original, and too "Knopflerish"

YOU REMARKS, COMMENTS ON THESE ALBUMS AND DISCUSSING NEW ALBUMS ARE MORE THAN WELCOME.
THIS TOPIC IS CREATED TO HEAR AND TALK ABOUT NEW ALBUMS, TO HEAR WHAT OUR YOUNGER "CHORDIANS" LIKE, AND AN ATTEMPT TO LEARN FROM EACH OTHER

GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: ALBUM AND NOT YOUR PHOTO ALBUM

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: DISCUSSION AND CRITICS: BRAND NEW ALBUMS

Ok Doc, here's a review for your topic.

I have recently listened to Paul McCartney - Memory Almost Full. Now, I am an admirer of McCartney, have seen him live and bought many of his albums over the years. He is a musical great. His last album was good, so I had higher expectations of this one. But it did not deliver. In fact its like McCartney revisits his least successful styles from the last 20 years, and repeats the same mistakes. Nod your Head and Gratitude are simply bad.

Check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOyo53mbgfM

these are songs that should be beaten to death with a stick rather than be released. Most are maudlin and average. Because I can't bear to be disrespectful to a hero of mine, I will ask my cat. Heads or tails? He's showing me his tail end- so its a cats a@@e and a paws down for Mr Thumbs Up. If you don't believe me ask him yourself why his album sucks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BFnnaOpB1A

I am playing all the right notes - but not necessarily in the right order! [Eric Morecombe]

sumelton, your my men. I hope some others try to give comment on brand new albums.
Take Springsteen, with MAGIC, my comment was a lot shorter than the John Fogerty's REVIVAL.
Probably they can all be found on youtube, a thing I forgot, I even didn't think about it, so I am really grateful for your contribution AND YOUR INFO.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Well woman actually, but no problem I have the new Radiohead download to listen to soon.
Su

I am playing all the right notes - but not necessarily in the right order! [Eric Morecombe]