Topic: strumming patterns

hey there . i am a beginner trying to work out pete murray's "opportunity" song, tried everything can anyone help me out

Re: strumming patterns

hi templer72 i dont know the song myself but if you sing the song while playing you should be able to pick up the pattern that way...stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Hey, you can always do what I do--play whatever you can and just tell people you're "making it your own"...artists do that, they put their own spin on things...works every time!
Good Luck!

25Frankster wrote:

Hey, you can always do what I do--play whatever you can and just tell people you're "making it your own"...artists do that, they put their own spin on things...works every time!
Good Luck!

Exactly what I do!!  Of course, every song I play sounds exactly the same.  But we'll just say that's my "style", OK? 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I got this Zoom effects pedal, and I look down at it, click through some settings look all serious, then people really think I know what I'm doing.  I keep it on the same two stupid settings, but I'm always clicking the thing--a diversionary tactic to get their mind off my lack of skill.  "He's clicking the pedal...he MUST be good!".  Then I play a D , Dsus, D2 in rapid succession to really wow the crowd ("the crowd" consists of my two australian shepherds...actually only one sticks around, the other has no sense of music)

Freaking shepherds.  No accounting for taste.   

big_smile

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

25Frankster wrote:

I got this Zoom effects pedal, and I look down at it, click through some settings look all serious, then people really think I know what I'm doing.  I keep it on the same two stupid settings, but I'm always clicking the thing--a diversionary tactic to get their mind off my lack of skill.  "He's clicking the pedal...he MUST be good!".  Then I play a D , Dsus, D2 in rapid succession to really wow the crowd ("the crowd" consists of my two australian shepherds...actually only one sticks around, the other has no sense of music)

MWAHAHAHA!!!! I do that too!!!

But I fiddle with the tone and volume knobs on my guitar instead.

D to Dsus to D2 is so easy...and yet so fun...and even better....

IT SOUNDS KEWL!!!

big_smile
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

most strumming patterns follow rythems you can learn a lot by paying attention to drummers be they real humans or machines copy and play along i hope this helps acapo

"Growing old is not for sissies"