Topic: Ok, in honour of England vs South Africa

YOU are in your national team, whatever sport you like...
what song would fire you up and inspire you to victory - to listen to or to play?

Blood on Blood by Bon Jovi, cheesy as but gives me goosebumps

bonedaddy

I'm the son of rage and love

Re: Ok, in honour of England vs South Africa

Well I guess the aussie tv judge shoulda listened!

It was a try no matter what they say!!!!

that was not a try. His foot was over the line before the ball went down.
A very tight decision but thats why there is TV evidence in rugby, it was not one guys decision.

Good on South Africa, they truely deserved that cup.

For a national song it has always got to be Flower of scotland for me. Sang it so many times and still get goosebumps when singing it at hampden or murrayfield.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Bloody Scots and Bloody South Africans and Bloody Bloody TV judges!  It would be great to live in a nation that had something to celebrate once in a while!  You guys invented the telephone, the TV, the Glasgow Kiss, the Macintosh, Tarmac, Shortbread, WHISKY...

All the English ever did was subjugate everyone else and spend the rest of eternity feeling superior  hmm

Hi Bonedaddy,
Did you not know the Irish were the first to make good whiskey,{notice the E }

Thats how you know the difference in Scotch and Irish Whiskey, We add the "E" to the spelling.

Bushmills Northern Ireland, Oldest Distillery in the world {I think}.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

The Sweet poteen from Ireland green that's made from wheat and rye is what i'd like to sample.  I'd take off me coat and grease me throat in a flash!  Just polished off a bottle of red and realised it's.... South Bloody African!  Gutted!

On a different note, I was gonna write a song for you Old Doll, how would you feel about that?

BoneDaddy

Well that was a bolt out of the blue!

But it did go down well with my glass of Beautiful Hennessy Brandy.

FLATTERED! Thank You.

Old Doll.

bonedaddy wrote:

Bloody Scots and Bloody South Africans and Bloody Bloody TV judges!  It would be great to live in a nation that had something to celebrate once in a while!  You guys invented the telephone, the TV, the Glasgow Kiss, the Macintosh, Tarmac, Shortbread, WHISKY...

All the English ever did was subjugate everyone else and spend the rest of eternity feeling superior  hmm

pmsl lol

ok, it was a try. you were cheated ,:lol:

and Old doll, it might be the oldest distillery but we were making it up in the hills generations before distilleries came about.

I might do some research into this to see who actually made it first outwith distilleries.
Oor whisky is better anyway. So many to choose from as well than yer whiskey. lol so we must have better whisky.

Try any Speyside or highland whiskies, very smooth an elegant, or get an isle whisky, peaty,smokey rough. or the Lowland triple distilled from Auchentoshan. The glen Livet, dahlwhinnie is another fine whisky.

and what a game that was !!!!

lol

Ken

Email me you address UYK,

ill send you a bottle of the best Irish Poteen. This is only for medicinal
purposes you understand! Says she thats drinking brandy for the
same reasons?.

Yr Ma. Doll.

awww Mum thanks
but really, it is ok, ye dinny have to send me any drink.

but thanks
xxx
Ken

Erm, I might be wrong here but since I'm online I thought I'd get my tuppence worth.
Is it not the case that the Chinese were making a form of Whisky way before us Sweaties and Paddys?  (sweaties; sweaty socks - Jocks. wink )

I thought it was a try as well, untill I seen the TV this morning, his foot rubbed the line just before the ball went down, no try. Not much of a game but over the piece SA deserved it. Well done tae England for reaching the final though.

National song?  Allys Tartan Army - Andy Cameron, perhaps? lol

Craig.

Blind acceptance is a sign, of stupid fools who stand in line.  John Lydon.

'Mod' is a shorter word for 'young, beautiful and stupid' - we've all been there." - Pete Townshend.

Yeah, u could be right about the try but dear god it was close!  I believe the Egyptians were there before us as well with the distilling thing... perfumes maybe rather than sippin stuff but its along the right lines!

bonedaddy

I've tried Yankee whiskey, Irish whiskey and even Welsh whisky but I have never found anything that could beat Scotch whisky. So many!

And ......... it wasn't a try. Close call though. Without the TV judge it would've been given.

Song? Dunno. LOL

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

yea bonedaddy
I watched the news, his foot was touching the line before he placed the ball so technically he was out.
silly rule when it is as tight as that but then the defending south Arican did deliberatly try and get his foot over which he now seems did successfully do.

So, well done to the South afriicans. It will be scotlands turn next lol ( yes, that was a joke)
but watch those argentinians. A nation that do not play rugby. They only have anational team so hats of to them, in my eyes for the little they play they are outstanding  contestants.

Ken

Aye, well done Springboks and you are right about the cheating South Americans too, don't talk to me about Maradona lol

bonedaddy

Thank you. thank you,thank you we won!!! I was hoping it would be either SA or Scotland ( I always scream for Scotland when the boks aren't playing). Just one down side though....these bloody keys are extremly loud today...now where did I put those headache tablets again...YES BOKKE!!!!

nadine2 wrote:

( I always scream for Scotland when the boks aren't playing).

Nadine
you are in my top ten favourite foreign people of all time now lol

I will in return shout on S.A all the time ,even though I was on Saturday for the first time lol

Ken