Topic: about open tuning

As the title shows.
I do know what open tuning is, but I don't know the most common open tuning.
I tried an E open tuning, but I have the impression that D is more common.
So, what is the BEST open tuning, it is probably easier to ask: which open tuning is the best or gives the best results and POSSIBILITIES, to play guitar?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: about open tuning

Hi Doc

I sometimes tune to open G.

It has a great sound to it and good for playing a few songs. I have not done it for ages but I do know that honky tonk woman is great for it.

http://www.ezfolk.com/guitar/Tutorials/ … pen-g.html

this page will give you chords for open G and how to tune it.

try a few different song with it. It makes a change from the normal tuning of a guitar,

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Re: about open tuning

I too use Open G a lot.

Loads of Keith Richards riffs require it.
Like Ken, I also play Honky Tonk Women using that tuning. Other easy to play Stones songs in open G are Brown Sugar and Start me up.

The shape that Richards uses mainly is 2nd string at first fret, 3rd string at 2nd fret, all other strings open (or barred depending where you are on the neck). I don't know what this chord is called but Richards describes it as a mixture of two, although I've lost the reference and darned if I can remember where I read it.

My Telecaster is tuned to open G 99% of the time, makes it easy to pick up and play with minimal effort.

regards

David