Topic: Just bought a new guitar and amp

Yup, finally went and did it.

For a year i've been playing either a Westfield "Les Paul" Goldtop Replica or a Bell & Head Extreme Headless guitar (only bought it for the floyd rose which I intend to bastardise onto another guitar at some point in future) through a Line6 Spider II amp, which i've hated from day one!

This morning i've whipped out £230 on an Epiphone Les Paul, which I love already, it has the black/tan effect rather than the Cherryburst which I was going to go for. Unfortunately I cannot remember the name of this effect but i'll try link a picture in a minute. On top of this I also whipped out a further £130 on an Orange Crush 30R and its absolutely brilliant. My Line6 had more watts but nowhere near the cool tones that an actual Tube amp gives. I was going to get a Marshall amp but I decided to test the Orange out too and I just thought this sounded a bit more, how can I put it, meaty...if you know what I mean...probably not.

Also, tried out the Orange Tiny Terror, JESUS that has some punch behind it for such a tiny thing! Its 15w yet sounds brilliant, and like it should have alot more watts behind it. No wonder its retailing at £240!

Has anyone else had an Orange amp yet? What are your opinions on them, I've kept the receipt as I didn't with the Line6 and couldn't take the sod back so i'm hoping i've made a good purchase with this, today shall be known as the "£360 of Happiness" day, no longer shall it be know as Hallowe'en

Re: Just bought a new guitar and amp

No Orange amps for me.

Congratulations on your new purchase.  Play it until your fingers beg for mercy.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Congratulations! big_smile
  Are the epi Lp's pretty good sounding??? I think I'm gonna get a new electric next (course this will be in the disatant future lol), always wanted a les paul but I know I wont be able to afford one/

All You Need is Love smile

Do you know what, the Epi LP's sound is brilliant. Action on it is great too! Bridge pickup is better than the neck though I must admit on this particular model but on another I tried out (The goldtop version) both pickups were really strong. I love it, although I very very nearly bought a Jackson JS30RR which looked pretty spectacular (and sounded it too) for £220 and a Jackson Randy Rhoads Signature model in white with the Gold Pinstripe for £579! Then I also saw an original Gibson SG for £699 (had quite a bit of damage cosmetically) and a Gibson Melody Maker (again with lots of cosmetic damage) for £800 before settling on the Epiphone Les Paul Replica. I would have loved to have had one of the classics but obviously I probably would never have played it.

Also congratulations. Last_Rebel answered already, what I wanted to ask (is this telepathic?)
About amps, I know a few, Orange is better now than a year ago. I have already 4 amps ( a little, but strong Laney, I didn't use this one since 2 years.
- Marshall Valvestate 'no tunes)
- Marshall acoustic AS100D : tubes. ( I use this amp a lot, using ELECTRIC GUITARS, great superb sound and 100% pure when I plug an electric guitar in it. Amazing how beautiful they sound, without even one effect)
- Fender Cybertwin: HYBRID AMP, using tubes and digital, giving you the opportunity to hear a lot of famous different Fender amps. Also modelling, and having 200 special sounds (or effects) the Fender Cybertwin is an amazing piece of work. I noticed recently that Line6 is coming with a combination, tubes and digital. They have to. Being already famous for their amps with all the effects, they want in fact a similar amp like Fender Cybertwin: HYBRID AMPS.
I agree for 100%: the different amps are useful, the more than 200 effects too.
But I can use this backwards: DO YOU NEED ALL THOSE (Fender) AMPS and DO YOU NEED ALL THESE EFFECTS? I don't think so, but it still remains one of the best amps I know.

I just wanted 1 answer: is playing electric on an acoustic amp harmless? I use it quit often, probably more than the cybertwin, and using effects+rhythm patterns through my small effect processor: ToneWorks KORG PANDORA PX4D: I play alone, (except for one evening, with my best friend, who is a drummer AND a very good guitar player) and playing alone, I love that device so much, effects, amp modelling, rhythm, and a lot for your money.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]