Topic: help

I don't really understand this  forum but can anyone help me  learn what is  the c6 and f6 chordes... I am doing Billy Swan  "I Can HELP"  or trying to..

The richest child is poor without music.!  smile  cool

Re: help

C6 is exactly the same as Am7 (x02010) and F6 is the same as Dm7 (xx0211)

I don't know the song you are playing so no idea if that helps or not.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

I haven't heard this song for a very long time but I checked the chords on the web, and I think this tune is played using the C chord from a barred A at the third fret then forming the C6 by playing an extra note on the 1st string

So C is 335553 and C6 is 335555

simarlarly

F is 8-8-10-10-10-8

F6 is 8-8-10-10-10-10

played with a sort of gentle rocking feel

regards

David

you can play C6 by holding C, and rolling your middle finger up to cover two strings.
Its also a substitute for Am, (actually I think it IS an Am technically)

All You Need is Love smile

Nearly Reb, as alvee says C6 is the same as A Minor Seventh smile

regards

David

hey thanks to all of you guys....Really helps..  Nice to know we still have some good folks about..

A fondest you're welcome blinddog (cool name by the way), just holler if you need somethin' else,
         LR

last_rebel wrote:

you can play C6 by holding C, and rolling your middle finger up to cover two strings.
Its also a substitute for Am, (actually I think it IS an Am technically)

C and Am share a common key signature, and therefore all of the same notes.  Any note you can play in C, you can play in Am as well.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

its called c6 and the reason you can sub am is its built on the 6th interval of the c scale hense and that is a also its minor the 6th,2nd and so on this works in any key if you first cover the sharps and flats well thats enough theory for me keep pickin acapo

"Growing old is not for sissies"

jerome,
  thats a very helpful tip, I knew you could always put an Am in when your playing something in C, but the thing about the notes that makes things simpler too.