Topic: best band

i was just curious as to who everyone thought was their best LIVE band as i was watching a dvd of dire straits live at wembley and what a band ther had at least 15 different musicians and every one of them were as important to every song and i thought that was amazing also the fact that it was the first time id seen Mark Knopfler play his guitar although i'd heard him loads but watching him play that was a whole new experience so who is your best LIVE band and why??

problems are only solutions in work clothes smile

Re: best band

There's no best.  There's only best for the moment.  I think the favorite band I've seen live was Barenaked Ladies.  I've seen bands before that looked like they didn't care to be on tour.  Like they had better things to be doing at the moment.  But Barenaked Ladies gave the impression that they had been waiting all week just to come and entertain us.  They were having a good time, and it was infectious. 

Another band I enjoyed seeing was a Texas local band called Mingo Fishtrap.  They're a 1970's style horn funk/swing fusion band.  Just awesome.  More funk than swing, but folks were dancing swing style to them.  They were also having fun on stage.  I think that's the key to entertaining an audience - to be having fun oneself.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude