Topic: Problem printing my songbook

I'm having a problem printing and I'm not sure if it's just me or a broader problem.  When I try to print my songbook, the chords sometimes don't end up in the right place.  Some of the chords move over to the left margin of the page.  In fact, often several of the chords will move to the same place on the left margin and print on top of one another so that they are not legible.

I've tried this both on my laptop, running IE 6, and my desktop, running the new IE7 beta.  I see variations of the same thing in both cases.  It could be IE, Chordie, or my print driver.  I don't have any idea.

Has anyone else seen this?

Re: Problem printing my songbook

I don't think it's my print driver, because it happens whether I print to my printer or to a PDF using Macromedia FlashPaper.

I'm attaching a PDF sample print so that you can see what I'm talking about.

Thanks!

That did look terrible.

What do you see if you go to this song and try to print it directly?

The 1st page looks OK, but the 2nd apge starts to mess up.  That's what happens when I print from the songbook too.  I've enclosed another sample to demonstrate what happens.

I'm starting to think that it might be something about my desktop system.  On my desktop, I see the error in Print Preview.  On my laptop, it looks fine in print preview.  However, when I print from my laptop, the printouts are messed up.  The common denominator is that my laptop actually prints through my desktop system.

As anyone else reported anything similar?

I'm printing from my laptop now, and that is working fine, even though it's printing through my desktop system.  So, it's got to be something specific to me.  However, it's still really curious that only the chords would move.

Any ideas?

Once again, I'm having the problem of printing Layout and Accuracy. It was fixed, but I have it again in this song by Stone Temple Pilots: <a href="http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/www.guitartabs.cc/fetchfile.php?fileid=12401843" target="_blank"> http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/www.g … c/fetchfil e.php?fileid=12401843</a>

Sounds like a cache problem. Try reloading the page by pressing shift-reload. You migh also try to delete IE's page cache.

Hi,

I'm also having the same problem when printing songs. Sometimes the chords and lyrics are all mixed up. I assume it is the way someone submits a song and the format the have laid it out. Is there a solution?

Please send me exactly what problems you are experiencing, and Ill see if it is possible to fix it.

Thanks for getting back so soon.

Are you able to look in my songbook? In there I have an Oasis tab 'whats the story morning glory. If you go to edit this tab it looks fine in the part of the screen you can edit it but in the lower half it is all jumbled up and this is how it prints. Hope this helps.