Topic: How to Practice - thoughts from a new blog

I've been meaning to put my ideas in writing on how to practice effectively, and finally went ahead and did so in my new blog, <a href="http&#58;&#47;&#47;www.notesandlines.com" target="_blank">Notes and Lines </a>on music instruction. I think this piece is particularly important for beginning players. It's a new blog, so not yet tons of content, but I'd appreciate any thoughts on the how to practice post, and any suggestions for what to cover next.

FYI, the blog is sponsored by my music business, so you will see a small icon indicating sponsorship when you visit. If this offends you, please skip it.

thanks

Jeff

Re: How to Practice - thoughts from a new blog

Jeff,

Interesting site! Can you add a topic regarding learning and understanding the fret board as a future topic?  I'm still looking to learn more on this subject.

Thanks,

Kahuna

Kahuna,

I'd be happy to tackle that one.  Tell me a little bit more about the challenge you're facing.

Jeff

Jeff,

Although I'm pretty proficient with chords, I'm still wanting to learn and understand more about the fret board.   More in the areas of how to read the dots, working the higher frets, etc.  I have some books on this, but they don't really get too indepth.  It would be nice to see more on this subject.  Of course it's just my personal learning curve, so I'm trying to understand more.

Thanks,

Kahuna

Kahuna,

OK you're on - let me give it some thought.  I'm interested in knowing which books you already have that touch on this.  I like to get whatever feedback I can on how guitarists like/don't like various books.

thanks

Jeff