Topic: your first song

what was the first guitar song you learned to play and what is the hardest one you can play now. i ask everyone i know that plays guitar this question. mine was like a stone and stairway to heaven.

Bobaflex kicks some!!!!!

Re: your first song

My first song was
Used to love her by gns n roses, or maybe knocking on heavens door but wrongly,lol

My hardest song is probably behind blue eyes from the who but I find that ok to play now

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

My  first song to learn was "Dark as a Dungeon" by Merle Travis.  The hardest one for me is "Broke Down Engine" by
Blind Willie McTell.

... Badeye.

one caper after another

Hi
My first song was Boxer, ooh aah.
And I would love to play Jack johnson, he so loves his B chords, and I so don't.

aka ......   Boxer Petal....<3

My first song was sugar were going down by fall out boy. The hardest song for me to play now is Purple haze by Hendrix

I pity the fool!

first song I really knew how to play was amazing grace (thats lead and strum fill in),
I can play the nothing else matters acoustic intro....
                                                                               LR

All You Need is Love smile

First song - geeze, must have been 30+ years ago from a mel bay book or something. Probably Mary Had a Little Lamb.

Hardest current song - Anything by John Prine - simple chords, but I am struggling with the fingerpicking!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

my first song was asleep by godsmack my hardest song is not alone by all that remains just cant seem to get that one

My first song that I learned complete was Derek and The Dominos "Bell Bottom Blues". It never has sounded 1/1,000,000 as good as this;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VbwxoQOENM

My most challenging song to date is probably Django Reinhart's "Manoir De Mes Reves"
http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/www.u … p;id=81884

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdOa7Arnmzw

Give everything but up.

The first song I played correctly on a classical guitar was "Greensleeves"
I guess it's Eric claptons "Tears in Heaven" which I took the trouble to learn correctly.

Ark

Depends on what you mean by PLAY!  My first song was I believe Fiddlers Green by Stereophonics.  I can strum several songs now but can't do melodies, fills and things!

The hardest I can do at the moment is probably Ziggy Stardust, strumming the chords and singing along.

cheers

I'm the son of rage and love

My first song was "Michael Rowed The Boat Ashore". The hardest is "Stairway To Heaven" still haven't mastered it yet but I will, one day.

My life is brilliant... Of this I'm sure.

13 (edited by lockdown 2008-01-14 20:44:42)

My first was Sweet Home Alabama and the hardest one i play is either Stairway to Heaven or Talk Dirty to me

14 (edited by GinaT 2008-01-09 10:37:16)

My first was "Danny Boy" and the hardest was "Kiss him Goodbye".
However I didn't play the last 25 years and for the moment just "Danny Boy" seems hard...

Gina

15 (edited by Zurf 2008-01-10 18:31:32)

My first played the way I wanted to play it was "Forever and Ever Amen".  I have not yet learned a song played the "right" way but am working on "Changes In Lattitudes, Changes in Attitudes" by Jimmy Buffett.  It's a pretty easy song, but mimicking someone else's style is difficult for me. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

My first song was "The house of the rising sun", considered here as a "must", followed by a primitive version of "Stairway to heaven".

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

My first song was "Tom Dooley",  the Hardest one I play is "The Wind Cries Mary.

"House of the Rising Sun" was one of the songs I learned as a beginner,  it is a must here too.

my first proper song was oasis wonderwall and as im only playing around 6 months now anything with a Bm in it is hard for me so the hardest 1 is eagles hotel california
oh and house of the rising son is a must here also

slan

problems are only solutions in work clothes smile

My first song was either Breakfast at Tiffany's by Deep Blue Something or Bad Moon Rising by CCR.

My hardest songs to play now are anything either than Breakfast at Tiffany's by Deep Blue Something or Bad Moon Rising by CCR.

Old dumb me but I started on a hard one (and a long one, too). The 1st song I learned to play, beginning to end (rhythm) was Lyin' Eye's by the Eagles. After learning this song I strared staying with the simple 3 chord songs.

Nela

mines was wish you were here by pink floyd, its one of the reasons i got a guitar just to learn to play it, then i was scunnered when i found out that half of its done on a 12 string.

Don't Cry because it is over...

smile because it happened.    Gabriel García Marquez

the hardest song i am trying to murder at the moment is crosses by jose gonzales its a finger picking number.

weedjie, what's the problem? (down strum = 6 strings) + (up strum = 6 string) Total 12 strings played.

Never heard the expression "scunnered" before. Does it hurt?

Nela

lol nela it means sickened, annoyed that type of thing, its a word we use in glasgow.

Pure scunnered byraway big_smile