Topic: Is Chordie at risk of closing down.

SOmeone told me that Chordie could be at risk of closing down like some other sites. Could this happen as I am worried as I have a few songbooks which a have made. Would I lose all these.

Re: Is Chordie at risk of closing down.

best thing to do is print them all out.
If you can use your works printer and ink because if yer like me you will have tons to print out lol

I have not heard anything about chordie being forced to close. I am sure if it were true Per the webmaster would know about it and let us know if there was a risk.
But if other places close down it would mean chordie's list of songs would shorten.

chill, dont worry, print them while you have them just in case.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Shanden, what I do sometimes is copy some songs and paste them in WORD.
I did print a great amount of songs. You will notice sometimes that in some songs, like a song
A     C    D   C
lalalalalalalallala should have a G in stead of the C at the end.
What they shutdown more are "download sites" for music. I use WinMx and Limewire. I paid 40$ a few years ago, to have these programs, and even then, I am more focused on bootlegs.
The Rolling Stones have a lot of those.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Geez, if chordie closed down I would at a total loss as to where I would find another site as cool as this one. So keep going guy, I love the work you do here. Thank you so very much.

My life is brilliant... Of this I'm sure.

I have tried to make my songbook ( books ) available to work with offline - and havent been able to do it . Anyone know how to do it ?

any resemblance to my songs sounding anything like the original is highly unlikely.

I DONT THINK I EXPLAINED THE LAST POST TO CLEARLY - WHAT I MEAN WAS CAN THE SONGBOOK BE MADE AVAILABLE FROM A FOLDER BY SAVING IT SOMEWHERE ON THE PC ... ?

any resemblance to my songs sounding anything like the original is highly unlikely.

Hi
I do not think this is possible

sorry

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

8 (edited by Tibernius 2007-12-29 14:31:30)

evsynator wrote:

I DONT THINK I EXPLAINED THE LAST POST TO CLEARLY - WHAT I MEAN WAS CAN THE SONGBOOK BE MADE AVAILABLE FROM A FOLDER BY SAVING IT SOMEWHERE ON THE PC ... ?

You could try copying the songs to a .doc file or similar, then saving them in a folder. That should work.

thanks- going to give ita go . i have printed out almost 150 songs for personal use (only) and was trying to keep a back up somewhere in case anything like the site closing down happens . it would be an aweful shame . all the hard work done by people on here just for a hobby seems criminal to even think about closing it . anyway - rumours are always rife - lets hope its just one of them ...

I/m a guitar player from way (way) back. Just found this site and love it! I'm back into it again!

11 (edited by Chordwayze 2008-01-06 09:28:08)

You can always use ''Print Screen'. This puts what is on the screen into the memory, from where it can be pasted into Microsoft Word, and saved as a doc. Sometimes you need to use 'Ctrl' when you press Print Screen.
You can make a 'selection' and simply print the selection, or you can copy the selection to the memory and paste into Microsoft Word again.

Moral is, whenever you compile something to post, like a chord progression, keep a copy of the original as you finish it!

Happy Fretting
Chordwayze (John)

There is no such thing as a 'wrong note'. There are merely notes played in the wrong place.
I should know.. I get them out of order all the time!

Thank You Chordwayze,

Beautiful! Just what this Brandy soaked Brain needed this morning.

Happy New Year.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

I realize that this answer is quite low tech, but I'm living in my 7th decade and enjoy mixing old tech with new.

If you have a scanner/printer combination, print the song, then scan it and save it as a graphic file.

I have alot of questions, but answers escape me.

Chordwayze wrote:

You can always use ''Print Screen'. This puts what is on the screen into the memory, from where it can be pasted into Microsoft Word, and saved as a doc...

NO, NO, NO!!!!!

Download in install one of the may PDF printer drivers that are available for free and print the song books to PDF files.

I use PrimoPDF. You can get it at http://www.primopdf.com/

You just print the book out like you would on a real printer, but it goes into a digitial file that can be read in Adobe.

incoserv wrote:
Chordwayze wrote:

You can always use ''Print Screen'. This puts what is on the screen into the memory, from where it can be pasted into Microsoft Word, and saved as a doc...

NO, NO, NO!!!!!

Download in install one of the may PDF printer drivers that are available for free and print the song books to PDF files.

I use PrimoPDF. You can get it at http://www.primopdf.com/

You just print the book out like you would on a real printer, but it goes into a digitial file that can be read in Adobe.

Or... I've find that PDF Creator is a better freeware app for creating PDF's and Foxit Reader is a much better PDF reader than Adobe's bloatware.
you can get them here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/
http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php

This site is brilliant beyond words, so I hope it isn't attacked by the lawyers.

if chordie closed down, the number of daily suicides would rapidly increase sad

don't ever stand aside, don't ever be denied
you gotta be who you be if you're comin' with me
cool
okay??

I don't think the entire site would get shut down, they would just have to exclude artists for which the lawyers are flustered about. Personally, I'd want my lyrics / chords known for the songs of mine. I don't really understand why they would want to remove them from chordie since having them in chordie is like having your website in google. And if something's incorrect in the chord, you can just correct it. So chordie is the number one site out there in my opinion for chords / tabs. Every other site is littered with a tangled web of advertisements and an inability for community contribution. Good job chordie!

I heard they are shutting down various other sites.  Such as torrents, and others.  I as a user am ready to support and standup for Chordie if they make any threats.  Maybe Chordie would be best off re-incorporating internationally, it would be much more difficult for the industry to attack if the business is not officially "american".  We need to come up with creative ways to fight back on this issue because we cannot let Big Brother win this fight!!  They just havent realized yet that it would ultimately make them more money to allow the FREE publicity.  I dont know about everyone else but I'm more likely to buy the music when I want to hear it 300 times to learn to play it/transcribe it!

Yesterday I have converted my ACAD document into PDF with this Free PDF Creator.

Hello,

I go to my songbooks,and go to the view & print button and save my songbook once I have it saved. I go to the folder in my documents or whatever you send it to.I then right click on it and open properties and select open with microsoft Word.Then I can make heading changes and so on and it is saved,without having to be online.

Later, Wayne P

On Safari on a Mac (maybe PC too?), you can save a webpage as a Web Archive file.

If Chordie does get shut down, it would be cool to have the code to display songs that you've formatted on your own. I think there used to be something like that in the early days. If you can edit your own songbook, you can properly set up any song for Chordie to do its thing.

Hey can I make a suggestion to all of those who want to print or save the song books, what I have done is installed a free print driver that prints directly to .pdf format and print my whole songbook to a .pdf file (just in case...)...

google search doPDF and download the free driver....

just my .02....

I use a program called Songbook from Linkesoft.com.  I copy the songs off screen in Chordpro format, then past them into notepad and save in Songbook.  If the're Chordpro, from there I can print them, edit, transpose, etc.  So I get a lot of the same functionality whether I'm online in Chordie or offline in Songbook.

24 (edited by lukebass 2009-07-08 21:15:41)

I also use Songbook to read offline or print. It has some good print options and a lot of the functionality that chordie has. Just copy and paste the ChordPro format.

You can paste directly into Songbook too and save it there.

I never need more then 4 strings.

I also have used SongBook for several years.  It is the only way to go as far as I'm concerned.  I also have it for my smartPhone and keep my whole library there also.  Great program in either Windows or Windows Mobile.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.