Topic: Musical Gifts Received or Given

My wife and I got our 2yr old son a drum kit. It's the real deal. The look on his face when he first saw his drum set was priceless. It's a 3 piece kit w/ 15" bass drum, crash/ride cymbal, high-hat w/ working pedal, mounted tom, snare, ans padded throne. He took to it like he'd been playing for years. It's kinda scarry how he takes to most every instrument he touches. He's very happy and so are we..........(still sane too, for now!)

My wife got me a 9 volt battery for my acoustic guitar and eucalyptus losenges for my ragged out voice.

Give everything but up.

Re: Musical Gifts Received or Given

My six year old has been wanting a drum set.  I don't have space for a real set, even for her size, but have been seriously considering a set of bongos.  It'd give her rhythm practice and be a real instrument. 

- Big D

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I got the book "Rock Guitar for Dummies"--which is right up my alley!!

And this next question doesn't belong here, but I'm going to ask it anyway--what chord is a 212020?  It sounds almost like a Bm7 but a little different.

B7 I think.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

This link has been posted before but is very handy for working out what chords are:

http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/chord_name.php

It says that you have a F#7b9!!

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

25Frankster wrote:

I got the book "Rock Guitar for Dummies"--which is right up my alley!!

And this next question doesn't belong here, but I'm going to ask it anyway--what chord is a 212020?  It sounds almost like a Bm7 but a little different.

If it were x21202 it would be B7 , but 212020 is, as Roger replied,
F#7b9, not the most common of chords.

Give everything but up.

OK, went to the site (thanx Roger) and typed in what I ment to ask about--looks like I'm lookin at an F#7th, which, I will confess, I have played a time-or-two thinking I was playing an un-barred version of a B7, which undoubtedly I wasn't and explains why that song never quite sounded right....

I do have an ear for music don't I!!

Thanx for your help, all.

frank.

I got a sweet new tuner with a built in chord finder. it can also be set to tune down. I got a pack of .73's too but they're a little stiff for my tastes...

All You Need is Love smile

100% a B7.
I have just ordered and received some books, like the 2008 vintage guitarbook. Since I am no reader at all, and when I read the newspaper, it takes me 10 minutes to read AND know everything.
But, very interesting to, I am obsessed by languages, the origin of the modern languages.

DID ANYBODY TRY THE BABY MARTIN???

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]