Topic: we know : MYSPACE & YOUTUBE. But what is the difference between them?

These two sites are almost a part of our lifes, and just because of this it isn't very obvious to know the "real" difference. Speaking about MUSIC
YouTube has a social networking component, because its users can share playlists and other information. A lot of songs, events are on youtube, even guitars (can be used to compare different brands) and they work a lot with video.
On the other hand MySpace: News Corp. designated Google as the search engine for MySpace, which is very important, because here in Europe, almost everybody uses google.
Another fact I found is:
YouTube entered ComScore’s top 50 sites for the first time, hitting 16 million visitors - an increase of 20% since June. That might explain the recent outage, which was blamed on a database failure (see YouTube Down). Meanwhile, MySpace Video doubled its traffic in the same month, receiving 20 million visitors. Besides those two BIG SHOTS, you have yahoo-video, google video, but they remain small players.
I surfed around for quit a time now, and my question is not answered asI would like.
So, guys, what is your opinion about these sites? roll    sad sad

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

2 (edited by arkady 2007-12-28 14:15:59)

Re: we know : MYSPACE & YOUTUBE. But what is the difference between them?

What is hard to get your around is the fact that all these sites are run on advertising.
Thinking about it I guess that is true of most of the internet and that includes Chordie ah the power of advertising don't you just love it.
Doc sign up as a band on Myspace and get some of you songs on there we would all like to hear them I'm sure.
Ark

Russell just did one on Myspace
Go to http://www.slide.com
Follow the instructions on the site. Choose the type of slide you want mines a collage then upload your pixs you want on there.
They say the code will automatically added to your myspace page but it didn't for me. So I copied it went onto Myspace and copied the code into the edit my band in the "Band members" section and it came up alright.
Hope it works ok
Ark

Russell see you got your slide show up on Myspace ok.
Are they images from the web or some of your own.
Ark