Topic: Mandolin Chords?

I see that there is a huge guitar chord resource that is completely awesome for guitar players. However, I'm a mandolinist and I was wondering if there was a way to see that resource filtered as mandolin chords. I know that when I'm looking at songs and wanna see the chords displayed as mandolin I can just go to the drop down and do that, but I would like to just have a big chord chart I can look at anytime instead of finding songs that have the chords I want to see in them. Is there any way to do this?

Re: Mandolin Chords?

Hi Lowe,

Welcome to Chordie. If you click on the Resources you can then change your instrument to mandolin then you will always see the mandolin chords.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hi Lowe.

I am still learning the Mandolin just now but on the 11th of this month I thought the exact same as what you just asked.
Even thought you can change the chords to madolin,uke etc. It is good to have a chart for chords for different instruments.
I found this one
http://home.inreach.com/jsherida/katie/mandolin1.html
a chart of chords for the mandolin and I printed it out and keep it handy. there are more than these that are shown, but I am sure there are links to other mandolin chords. That link gives you the main chords.

I would also like to see a mandolin chart like the guitar chart where you can click on the chord for variations.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

hi - i bought a mandolin ( something i would never of imagined )after seeing some amazing lessons on YOU TUBE . as a guitar player already it helped to know that different ways of playing the same chord can be done and there are many charts on the site as well . i hope i am not explaining the obvious here - but just trying to help out a bit . also - as an aside - i wish i had took up the mandolin years ago .. its a great little intstrument.

any resemblance to my songs sounding anything like the original is highly unlikely.