Topic: OPINION ABOUT MUSIC STORE SONGS-NOISE

In addition to the "what is your first song topic" by: wade mc , I liked to know, it will be probably again a kind of small battle USA vs EUROPE, what song(s) you hear almost every visit in a music store.
DO YOU LOVE TO GO IN A CROWDED MUSIC STORE? It is even difficult to talk to a sales man.
Imagine a few dozen of people playing drums, guitars, bas guitars, not much.

Important is that during the week, not on a Saturday, there are less people.
On a Saturday, or when you receive from your store(s) an invitation, because of bargains, I am really confused. Everyone is playing, people on drums, a lot of young people "showing how good they are", playing a solos like SRV, or other hard rock music. I loose really my concentration, hearing 3x stairway to heaven, all the hotel californias, add different drum styles, and solos, you better leave that store, unless you really know what you want.
Am I alone with this experience, and what's the reason to see all those people showing their skills?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: OPINION ABOUT MUSIC STORE SONGS-NOISE

Every Led Zeppelin intro known to man is what you hear in most of the shops I go into.  Plus some goober doing the seven notes of the Smoke on the Water intro over and over again for about a year.   

You do hear some real talented bassists though, except that I happen to think the most talented bassists are those that can play a supporting line "in the box" without stealing thunder for themselves.  An occaisional riff to let folks know they're there is fine but for the most part I think the concept of lead bass is goofy.  Flea gets away with it, and Victor Wooten and a real few others, but most slap and poppers forget that they're playing a rhythm instrument and think they're playing lead. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf, dear friend, you just added some nice information. As we all know, some guitar stores, have "big deal" promotion days. I used to go, when still working, there was no choice. It's incredible to "study" this phenomenon. Like you said, 5 people all playing or better trying to play "Smoke on the Water", my water was smoking after 1 visit. Worst problem = all the solos you hear.
It would be a genial idea to record all this, and using this with PC software, making a "kind of song"

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

I don't like it Phil too much noise every want to be guitar god playing scales and nothing else, no feeling or emotion. I try to stay out of music stores because of that or find a mom & pop shop with road scarred sales persons.

Bootlegger.

We have one of those in my town bootlegger.  One of the fellows owns the place and the other fellow looks like he works for picks or something.  When folks are in there test driving, they're jamming and jamming well!  We have a fairly large population of South and Middle American immigrants.  There were a couple of guys in there one afternoon who spoke very fractured English, but they spoke Flamenco extremely well!!!  I've heard Classical and some real slow and easy jazz that was good enough to make George Benson blush.  But go into a big box store and it's all garbage and cacophony.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Seems like the intro to Back in Black gets a lot of play at my favorite shop.  I hear a lot of good flatpicking back in the acoustic room, and of course there's always the one nucklehead playing "Every Rose has it's Thorn"....no wait...that's me....nevermind.

Zurf, where do you live in the USA?
Since I have so much time, I go to a guitar store on a day in a week. The pre-accident period, I had to go in a weekend, and now I go in the weekend when there are bargains, like an item you have to buy, but 15% lower in price.
10 drummers, 20 guitar players...
I also noticed that the people playing solos in the store, are all young, and with mum and dad, holding their hands on their ears.
ABOUT THOSE YOUNGSTERS, IS IT TO SHOW look-how-good-I-am attitude?
Sometimes you can see and here a man in his 4ties, playing blues AND/OR jazz, using a Gibson 335, or a George Benson Ibanez GB10, an Epiphone. I don't know what guitar he finally bought, but he was a fantastic player, soon surrounded by 10 people