Topic: DO YOU GIVE A NAME TO YOUR GUITAR?

Some guitar players named their guitar, like BLACKIE (Eric Clapton's Fender)
What's the name of your guitar.
I use a name for some guitars like
- GIBBY for my GIBSON
- STRATIE for my Fender Stratocaster
- TV for my Telecaster

WHAT IS THE NAME YOU GAVE TO YOUR GUITAR?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: DO YOU GIVE A NAME TO YOUR GUITAR?

Hey,
Well, I named my guitar Jean Pierre. Whenever I refer to him, everyone kinda looks at me weirdly. The only thing I can say to them is, "All the COOL people name their guitars!"

Jikklop

The Irish gave the bagpipes to the Scots as a joke, but the Scots haven't got the joke yet.

I have an Epiphone Les Paul Std is a female I call Jessica
I have a Vintage SG which is called Lauren
I have my first guitar which is a Washburn Les Paul Goldtop is a female I call Laura (which never gets played now)
And I have a Bell & Head Extreme Headless guitar I call Robyn

All named after the girlfriend I was with at the time of buying them lol.

Laura is hidden away in a gig bag in a cupboard though because the particular girlfriend it was named after cheated on me, can't even stand to look at that guitar now lol. Hence me buying the Epi Les Paul about 3 weeks after leaving her.

Wibble wrote:

Laura is hidden away in a gig bag in a cupboard though because the particular girlfriend it was named after cheated on me, can't even stand to look at that guitar now lol. Hence me buying the Epi Les Paul about 3 weeks after leaving her.

Erk,erk,erkerk,erk,erk,beeeeepppp(that's supposed to be an alarm) This is a cruelty to guitar violation! Get over the broad. No offense to our female members here on Chordie but girls are temporary, guitars are forever!

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

No names. They're guitars. I love playing it but....

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

When my 8 year old daughter came home from school 2 days ago and seen my guitar she named it so. No idea why but when she walked in she said "JOSIE!" I just kinda looked at her and I think I even said "WHAT?" She informed me that is my guitars name. So it works for me now.

I call my strat my strat.
I call my Les Paul my Les Paul
I call my J-45 my J-45
I have 4 Takamines, i call them Tak 1, Tak 2, Tak 3, & Tak 4. (in the order i obtained them)
etc.....
I call my fretless bass my fretless bass.
I do however, have the serial #'s for all of my guitars in a safety deposit box at an undisclosed financial institution, with photographs of said instruments.

Although I care deeply for and cherish all of my instruments I have never really been into giving a non-living organisms  individual names, other than what they actually are. More power to those of you who do name your instruments, it  jis' ain't for this musician.

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

Southpaw to be honest about Laura (The guitar, not the woman) she's a bit old and knackered now, had her a while and she's battered and bruised to hell (so was the missus de-dum tsch :-D thats just a joke) and she rarely got played in the months preceding said incident with the missus as I had gone through that inevitable guitar lull that everyone has at some point where they simply stop playing. I was saving to buy a new one anyway so it just gave me the extra push and motivation i needed to start playing again.

The guitar will always have a special place to me but like a fine wine I think its best locked away, only to be sampled again on a special occassion.

Now i'm after a new breed though, a Schecter Diamond series big_smile

My Musicman Stingray Bass is appropriately named THUNDERSTICK!!! for it's propensity for blowing out amps.

That guitar, as we like to say, is louder than f$%ck.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Fender Strat: Carla
Carlo Robelli Steel String: Carlos
Alvarez Classical: Tarja (named after Tarja Turunen, former singer for Nightwish)
(formerly owned) ESP LTD MH100: Emma
Dean Flame ML: Cecilia Mariah Maria Ikkin (named after certain characters in the Coheed and Cambria Stories)

My Gibson SG, is called essigie, my daughter's name is ESTHER, but I used to call her ESSIE. I use or ESSIGIE OR ESSIE.
And 1 Gibson is named Paul, after my father who left us (mother and 5 kids) too early ( °1928 and +1974). He was also a GENERALIST MD. I was only 18 years. My youngest brother who was 9 years old, is the one who thinks the most about my Father. Is this normal? We didn't see him often, he belonged to the "old school" of doctors, even on Sunday, he had consultation most for the farmers who returned from Church. It's so unfair, his dead. I always think about the fat Catholic priest who used to go to the people, RIGHT ON TIME TO EAT, people were honoured and he started to thank the Lord for giving US that food. What about Catholic people starving because they can't eat.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

my guitar's name is Preston, and my yamaha is Betsy

Doing nothin' is so tiresome because you can't stop and rest.

GO BRONCOS!!!!!

i would have to agree with southpaw i dont place any special attachment to a piece of wood some wires and coils its not special i can play just as well on any guitar if the action is set and it stays in tune my electric is a knockoff strat and i have owned several teles strats both american and mim so my guitar was made in china most everything we buy is or part of it the electronics the chips cards t shirts what have you its a global economy so dont get to attached to your possession even if it was made in the usa some component was made somewhere else

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Modded (Customized?) Gretsch 5120: Martha
Gretsch 5129: LeAnn

I kinda named them after the vocalists I think they sound like.  Martha Davis and LeAnn Rimes.

"There's such a fine line between genius and stupidity."
                              --David St. Hubbins

My Tanglewood Acoustic is called either my acoustic or the Tanglewood and my Peavey is called my electric or the red peavey!

There seems to be a pattern emerging there!

cool

I'm the son of rage and love

My Ovation is called Charlene, I have a gold plaque on the head with the name inscribed on it.

Cyber pint if anyone can guess why its called Charlene wink

About 15 years ago now, i was walking past the bigger of the two(at the time) music shops in aberdeen, on my way to the bus stop to get home after a hard days work when i spotted the most beautifull guitar i had ever seen.
A slim bodied electro-acoustic, shaped like a statocaster. At the time, and up until about four years ago i did'nt play guitar, but this one made me want to.
I knew nothing about guitars, who made the best or the worst, big names like martin, gibson and whoever were just names, i just knew i had to have her.
So i saved my labourers pennies and about six months later i made some sales dude very happy, He'd finaly gotten rid of that piece of crap marlin in the window.
Her name was already painted on the headstock JASMINE.
Fifteen years later she  sounds as sweet as any other  and is my daily companion.

Sorry, i do tend to go on a bit.

see you out the back. big_smile

scrimmy82 wrote:

My Ovation is called Charlene, I have a gold plaque on the head with the name inscribed on it.

Anything to do with a certain Kylie Minogue in some Australian soap opera?

cool

I'm the son of rage and love

19 (edited by clansman1973 2008-02-05 21:15:50)

scrimmy82 wrote:

The same as Piles gun, its the weapon of choice lol

20 (edited by ozymandias 2008-05-27 19:38:03)

My beautiful Washburn is named Victoria.  I just love the name and I love my Guitar, put the two together and it gives me more incentive to practice!  My wife and daughter find it amusing, but, they're used to it by now.  tongue

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

my Crafter electro-acoustic is Noel
my Strat is Julia
my classical... i've forgotten,
and my old beaten up guitar, Antonio

don't ever stand aside, don't ever be denied
you gotta be who you be if you're comin' with me
cool
okay??

Nope no names for me. I always just refer to them by brand or sometimes I'll call them by tonewood or size.

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

My acoustic-Bob
My electric-Josh
my amp-Steve jimbob cheese the third

I like cheese:P
               And Paramore:cool:
               And my guitar:D

My 12-string fender is called my "shine box".  Remember from Good Fellas when Billy Batts yelled at Joe Pesci's charcter..."Now go get your shine box!" referring to his shoeshine kit.  Now when my buddies and I have some drinks and it's time to break the tunes out, someone will shout "Go get your shine box!"  It has stuck for years now.

SouthPaw41L wrote:
Wibble wrote:

Erk,erk,erkerk,erk,erk,beeeeepppp(that's supposed to be an alarm) This is a cruelty to guitar violation! Get over the broad. No offense to our female members here on Chordie but girls are temporary, guitars are forever!

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

AMEN!