Re: DO YOU GIVE A NAME TO YOUR GUITAR?

I call my first peavey My baby, my takamine acoustic my 2nd cousin, my broken nameless my ex, my old classical rotten, my peavey tracer is called tracer, and my epiphone les paul special II I call .... Well I don't have a name yet.

Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel
Jimi Hendrix
cool danspr

you better have a sweet guitar and be able to SLAY,,, before you go namin the b****

edited by Administration

Rock your Freak'in Socks OFF

I call my Fender acoustic Etta after the great blues lady Etta
James. It sounds sweeter every day.

..Badeye cool

one caper after another

Somedays I call it "Sweetheart", somedays I call it "You ****ing piece of sh*t!!!"

[b][i][url=http://slide.neonblade.com]Slide Guitar for Beginners[/url][/i][/b]

neonblade wrote:

Somedays I call it "Sweetheart", somedays I call it "You ****ing piece of sh*t!!!"

LOL

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

Savannah.

Play the feeling; "Sun shine through the blinds" or "Lack of Sleep". 
--------------------------------Also, "Gsus" Heh.------------------------

I never have named my guitars.  I don't know why.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

My rickenbacker is called rick                                                                                            My danelectro silvertone amp in case is called Pam(after my wife,I knew her a month when I bought it in 1985.I still love Pam very much,YOU DECIDE WHICH PAM)                My Yamaha sj 180 is called Joey.Because it says joey in the front with those gold and black steel letters.Along with about 20 stickers.The rest dont have names.They are too many to keep track.Plus if you name them you get attached and dont want to let them go.(at least I do)

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

My Ibanez I call "BIG RED"  My Breedlove Master class I call "MELISSA" and my Breedlove Ac25 for some reason I cant find a name for.

My Tanglewood acoustic is called Fatboy.  My Epiphone Les Paul Plus is called Lecky....it should be the other way around cos that Epi needs a crane to move it.....

My ambition far exceeds my ability

Out of my herd, only one has a name.  I call the Ovation - Number One.  All the rest are whatever the decal says on the headstock.  I have a black Godin that a friend calls Black Betty (bam-ba-lam) but I don't.

Now available in 5G !

The acoustic is a Washburn Dreadnought which i call "ace". The electric is a washburn WI-64 Idol series with custom flat black finish and brushed copper hardware, I call it "the rat" or "rat rod".

I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments. ~ Jim Morrison

I had a bass that came with a lightning bolt painted on the back and the word "Wizbang!" down the lightning bolt.  So I called it Wizbang.  It seemed the right thing to do given the circumstances.  Wizbang has since moved on to the big guitar rack in the sky.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I guess the real question, Zurf, is, did you give it a proper burial.  Gonna go to the spirit in the sky.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Absolutely proper.  I tossed it into a dumpster behind a pawn shop.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude