Topic: OK, So I'm an idiot . . .

Here is how my day started:
I have buzz clippers that I use to trim my hair - nothing fancy, just buzz it all around my skull using a 1/2 inch attachment.  It's cheap, quick, and easy.  Hey, I'm going bald and gray so why bother with anything more elaborate?

This morning, I decided it was time for a little buzz trim.  I got out the clippers, plugged them in, and started happily buzzing away.

After the first big swipe across the side of my head, I realized the little 1/2" attachment was not attached.  Suddenly I had a big swipe across my head practically down to the scalp!

At this point, I had to decide whether to:
1.  Continue and just buzz my whole head down to little stubbly nubbins (but it would probably be all funky and uneven).
2.  Leave it like it was and pretend nothing was amiss (but something was very obviously wrong).
3.  Or, go to the barber shop and hope they could salvage something out of the mess I had made.

I decided to go to the barber shop and see what they could do . . .
The barber sort of "evened it all out" and now I look like a Marine Drill Instructor with a little burr on top and 'high and tight' fuzz on the sides and back.

My head is very cold!  My old 1/2" buzz cut gave me a little bit of insulation - but now my skull is mostly naked.

OK, So I'm an idiot . . . but at least the barber said that I was not the first person to have mad this stupid mistake.

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Re: OK, So I'm an idiot . . .

sometimes brilliant people do strange things. Perhaps you're brilliant and not an idiot. Or maybe you're a trendsetter. I have a similar trimmer and I'm contemplating doing the very thing you just did...

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

That's why I leave it to the professionals, babe. 

I lollered...

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Thanks james,I read and laughed at what you did . I had a bad day today,but your story really brought my spirits up. I hope your hair grows back fast.     dino48

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I love "skulls", I can't go to cut my hair, it happened twice that I couldn't sit and that's killing me.
I was the very first who had a skinhead look.
Grey hair? My daughter loves to count them, well EXACTLY 7 hairs are grey, since years.
If I should be bold, I should choose:
- cutting every hair, and be bold every day.
- a pony tail = takes the attention away from being bold.
Amazing how people can change, but I haven't, except for a missing tooth (caused by falling), a 10 year old photo will be = today. It runs in the family. It's nice to hear that nobody believes that I'm already 52. I am out of the circulation for about 3 1/2 years, and when I see some former patients, I can't believe what I see: 12 year old kids, now almost 17, I DON'T RECOGNISE THEM
Same story with people of my age, having grey hair, almost white.
James, I also had fun, I thought I was the only one, trying with a electric hair cutter, to have 1mm hair left, caused by my hair cut device. I was busy with the final touch, that little plastic thing (you have different sizes) felt down, and I stood there, with hair on both sides and just in the middle no more hair. (I love to sing CSN'song: I almost cut my hair

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Hi James,

Sorry but I had to laugh my sox of at that as about 2 years ago I did the self same thing only I went down the middle and gave myself a reverse mohican. I dithered for a bit, decided there was nothing else for it, continued and finished the job but I wore a hat for the next 4 weeks.

There is an old adage that that 'great minds think alike', may be it should be 'great mind act alike'. tongue

Roger

PS
If someone mentions 'fools seldom differ' I will ban them from Chordie lol:lol::lol:

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I have a real thick head of hair thats almost white now. People say "Oh my the grey" I tell them its a sign of wisdom,
don't know if they believe me or not, {could be dead brain cells} lol. Many times I threatened myself to get a buzz cut
but never did. They say it always grows back. Good thing James the spring is on the way and tempetures are getting
warmer. A good buzz = less manitience.

have a good one...Badeye.

one caper after another

Thanks James,
  Had a good laugh out of that one .
  I've had a mustache since I was about 14 . After all these years nobody would know me without it . But last summer , it was really hot and I decided to shave it off .
Even my wife looked at me like , something's different , what is it ?
  Anyway this fall I decided to grow it back , and wifey said " honey , why don't you do a little goatee too ". So I did what I usually do and just let everything grow for about 6 days , then got out the trimmer .
  This is where everything went so wrong . First thing I
did was take a swipe right across my chin . So oh well ,
I guess I'll just have the mustache again . But then by the time I was done trimming that ( you know , even on both sides ) , I realized I looked like Hitler ,
so the whole thing had to go again .........oh well , I did try...............

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

funny stories i have been cutting my own hair last 20 yrs sometimes it looks good but last week i went to far and i wound up with an" alfalfa "look nobodys imune but it will grow back

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Nature did that to me.

http://picasaweb.google.com/HalfFastPad … 3482807970

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

You know - I thought I wasn't very vain until I had this stupid little grooming accident . . .

Suddenly, I realize I am just as particular about my looks as anybody else!
Walking around looking like a middle-aged, paunchy jar head is just plain weird. 

However, it is certainly comforting to know I am not the only one who has had to suffer the consequences of 'non-fatal self-inflicted head wounds'.

At the breakfast table this morning, my wife just kept looking at me and chuckling!

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

lol good story James ... about 15 years ago when I had a headfull of hair, I was deployed in the mid-east ... we didnt have clippers with us so we had to use the "locals" that came on the base to cut hair ... now mind you I used to gel my hair back since it was long to stay in regs ... well I tell this "local" just cut it short on the sides and trim the top to which he replied "yes" ... well he took the clippers and ran it right down the middle of my head and preceeded to shave it all off ... tad bit pissed?  that's an understatement lol ... so since 15 years ago, I've continued to shave my head to a 1/4"  smile

Moral of the story:  You might actually like it!  I love mine, plus it hides the grey wink

Electric:  Gibson Les Paul Studio, Schecter Omen 6, PRS SE Custom
Acoustic:  Fender Talman, Yamaha
Amp:  Fender Super Champ XD/Line6 Spider III 75

Nice trout, Zurf!

All this talk makes me want to cut my own hair.  yikes

Just play

Oldnewbie wrote:

Nice trout, Zurf!

Thanks. Had five of them that size that day.  Plus I lost count of how many I had that were just a couple inches shorter.  At least a dozen.  Good day on the river with an excellent guide. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Makes you wonder if that's how Van Gogh lost an ear!

Careful, James.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

James

If it makes you feel any better, when iwas younger and had hair down to the top of my butt, i used one of my dads razors and shaved a 2 inch piece out of the top of my head because a sibling wouldnt give me a comb [go on laugh you know you want to smile]  i was about 6 at the time and thought i could hide it by shoving my hair down the sink and combing my hair in a comb over style.......Amazingly thou i got found out...>Folks were not happy and have never let me forget it!!!!

COuld of been worse.........i was like an opposite mr majecka!!!

Life isnt about FINDING yourself.....Its all about CREATING yourself!!!!

Hows Professor Jar Head McCormick?, lol

God that made me laugh.. Ive used one of thoses machines for years on my lads.

Your face James, must have been a picture to see, when you realized what you'd done!.

In the early seventies i decided to get a soft perm in my then long hair. I picked a good hairdressers as this was going to be a long haul job. Well she did a long haul job ok! Hauled my hair up so tight i looked like

KIZZY WALLER FROM ROOTS.  My poor Mam thought i had a wig on. My eight brothers gave me great sympathy,

They showed this by calling me "Kunte Kizzy" as they howled with laughter. My sisters said nothing, as they already had natural hair like this.

It took a whole year to grow out, and  Ive kept it short ever since.

Old Doll.

Ps, Jar head is a great book to read. lol

PPs,  Badeye! I like Men with Grey/ silver hair,   Wisdom and Elegant, Or Completely bald shiny heads. But you need a great face for the latter.

PPPs, Zurf ya lucky git with all those trout. Im so jealous.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !