Topic: Saving a Song to WORD

The problem I am having is when I copy and paste a song into MS WORD, the song shows up with the chord letters in parenthesis between the lyric words rather than on top of each word. What am I missing here?

Thanks, Daryl

Re: Saving a Song to WORD

Hello quikchevelle - What you are seeing is the chordpro format with the chords embedded within the lyrics.  These brackets & chords are a good thing.

If you move a song into your songbook and then open it using the 'edit' button, you will see two view panes.  The top pane will show the chordpro format (or whatever the original file looks like) and the bottom pane will show the song after it has been put through Chordie's chordpro filter.  Use the 'save' and 'update view' buttons to see the effects of any editing changes.

Why bother saving a song in Word?  If you want a printed copy, just print it from the screen.  If you want to edit the song, use the editing pane.  If you want to save the song, just save it in your Chordie songbook.  The only reason I could see for saving the song in Word would be if you wanted to do some very extensive editing - but then you would eventually just copy & paste the altered file back into the editing pane in your Songbook . . .

Does this help?

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Re: Saving a Song to WORD

Yes, That did help somewhat. I am new to this site. The editing feature is nice. I have a 3 ring binder that I put all of my guitar songs in after I have printed them up with extra large font and style. That is why I am trying to get these songs into MS WORD so, all I have to do basically is hilight the entire song and change the font and color of the lyrics and chords.

Thanks, Daryl