Topic: Formatting problems with "view/print songbook"

Hi,
Having recently read in the "Using (chordie)song books off line?" topic of the "view/print songbook" facility, I gave it a go. It's potentially *very* useful, but doesn't seem to format correctly.  It doesn't seem to deal with the {soc} {eoc} chorus delimiters properly, so that the italicised text of the chorus sometimes continues into the next verse. The songs display and print correctly individually.

Have other people had this problem?
Tom

Re: Formatting problems with "view/print songbook"

I have not noticed this problem. Could you please give me a link to where it occurs.

i have had this prob it is irritating

From Admin: "I have not noticed this problem. Could you please give me a link to where it occurs."

For the purpose of providing an example, I have made my own songbook public - it's called "Tom's Uke Songbook" in "Uke Collections" :-
http://www.chordie.com/publicbooks.php? … ngid=98004

I have sorted it on artist rather than song title, as there are more error examples to look at (sorted on song title,  the whole of the songbook is italicised after the first chorus of the 2nd song!). Sorted on artist, this only happens after the 10th song - see below.

If you click "view songbook" you can see the following examples of formatting errors, which don't occur when the songs are viewed individually:-
1st song (Night They Drove Old Dixie Down): the 1st line of the 2nd verse is italicised.
2nd song (Waltzing Matilda): the whole of the song after the 1st verse is italicised.
3rd song(The Rose): OK (no chorus in this song!).
4th song (Knocking On Heaven's Door): 1st line of the 2nd verse is italicised.
5th song (Bad Moon Rising): 1st line of 2nd verse is italicised.
6th song (Down On The Corner): first 2 lines of 2nd verse are italicised.
7th song (I'm Just A Country Boy): 1st line of 2nd verse is italicised.
8th song (Peaceful Easy Feeling): 2 lines of 2nd verse italicised.
9th song (Green Fields of France): 7 lines after 1st chorus italicised.
10th song (And The Band Played Waltzing Matilda): Everything from 2nd verse to end of songbook is italicised!

Hope that provides enough examples.

When View Songbook is used in conjunction with File/Save As... in IE7 (or File/Save Page As... in Firefox), it *potentially* provides a very useful means of creating a local back-up of your work in one convenient file, on your own PC, safe from any disasters which might happen on-line in the future.  But as things stand at the moment, it's a bit of a mess...

Tom

Tom
I went to your songbook and the songs you mention.
I only saw the words italicised on the chorus on all the songs. The rest of the lyrics looked fine

ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Ken,
Interesting!  I'm surprised, because I get the same formatting problems with both IE7 and Firefox.  Are you sure you are looking at the display from View Songbook, and not just clicking on individual songs?
Tom

appologies Tom,

i am seeing what you are seeing now. I never use this feature and misunderstood at first what you meant.
Sure when you click on individual songs it is ok but viewed as a songbook it is a bit messed up.

Per should be able to sort this sometime, maybe not soon and maybe but I am sure he will.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

i cant access my songbook?

now i can, I dont know what happened ?

now I cant again ? Help smile

hi i cant accessmy songbook i get a masage saying cong book crashed go to admin and say colone= true .
I dont know anything about computers so i dont know if this is the right place to send this mesageto or how to get my song book back. I would be greatful for any help you can give regards colone

^Admin has been notified of the error and it will hopefully be repaired soon.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

hi now cant accsess any songs at all and still cant accses song book giving up for today
colone

sad  yup, seems it's down at the moment.  I'm sure as Topdown said admin has been notified, that he is diligently working on getting it all back up and running as soon as possible.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Ouch,seems like the site is an accident scene,only way I got here was I got sent a message to a subscribed subject.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

It's fixed - Thanks Per

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

THANKS PER!

For future reference, when the site is down, the forum is generally still up... just type www.chordie.com/forum in your browser and you should still be able to get here!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

A happy man says thanks,  I was going into withdrawls without my chordie pages nothing on telly and no old music to practice on my guitar.
lifes better when i can lose myself in fifty odd years of music from my life playing drums in pubs and clubs
As i said i dont know anything about computers or why i lost my chordie pages or who got them back foe me but thanks again and regards colone