1 (edited by Russell_Harding 2008-08-16 23:39:25)

Topic: BETRAYAL

This song is in 6/4 time and its uploaded to my website if you get a chance give a listen smile

BETRAYALby Russell Harding

intro:

[D] [Am] [C] [G] [D] 2 times

Verse 1:

[D]I try to be [Am]lieve you [C] [G]each time that you [D]go

your eyes they be [Am]tray you [C] [G]windows to your

[D]soul [Am]seeing is be [Em]lieving the [C]truth [G]that I [C]know

[Am]our love it is [Em]fading [C]like the [G]melting [C]snow[E]

[D] [Am] [C] [G] [D]

Verse 2:

[D]searching for a [Am]moment [C] [G]frozen in [D]time

[D]changing just like [Am]water [C] [G]turning to [D]wine

[Am]woman what is thy [Em]pleasure I [C]know [G]its not

[C]me [Am]the door to your heart it is [Em]closing [C] somebody

[G]else has the [C]key [E]

repeat intro 2 times for solo

Verse: 3

[D]will you leave me in [Am]winterwhen [C]autumn [G]leaves

do [D]blow,or the spring or in the [Am]summer your

[C]love left [G]long a [D]go

repeat chords to intro once

repeat verse 2 to turning to wine

repeat intro and [G] [D] to fade

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: BETRAYAL

Nice 1 Russell...got a good feel to it...

thanks randy this one kinda flowed easy for me the Melodie came first and the lyrics I finished earlier today so I did all the tracks without having to redo any (for a change) smile

riddler wrote:

Nice 1 Russell...got a good feel to it...

Nice mix of instruments Russell.
A topic that has unfortunately touched a number of us.Nice writing.
Well Done Again
Kap

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

5 (edited by Doug_Smith 2008-08-17 02:04:56)

Wow Russell, you are just a composing machine lately aren't ya!  Isn't that like one-a-day?  Next thing we'll have to find you an agent!

Very nice tune, meaningful lyrics and I really liked the Mandolin accompaniment..... Jolly Good!

Take Care;  Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

kap much appreciate it seems a lot of good songs have been posted by chordie members including yourself must be in the stars( hmm thats sound like a title for a song) I checked out your link to the program and im on my vista puter so I didn't get to listen to the samples (no quick time or flash player) at least I dont think I have a flash player but when I get on my xp I will give a listen thanks again for the nice comment smile

KAP54 wrote:

Nice mix of instruments Russell.
A topic that has unfortunately touched a number of us.Nice writing.
Well Done Again
Kap

thanks doug yea sometimes you get on a roll and the tunes in your head just need to come out I have one more I will work on tomorrow and all of the songs are from videos I saved from jammin at the lake they kind of sat in my files for a week or so till the creative juices started flowing but its always like that with composing no ideas and then the flood gates open smile

Doug_Smith wrote:

Wow Russell, you are just a composing machine lately aren't ya!  Isn't that like one-a-day?  Next thing we'll have to find you an agent!

Very nice tune, meaningful lyrics and I really liked the Mandolin accompaniment..... Jolly Good!

Take Care;  Doug

Russ
I liked this one.
The Mando is real nice has a great sound the is picking spot on.

The wife bought me a Mando a few Christmas's a go. I got out it and had a go and thought man this too hard.... have to learn all the chords all over again  smile so it hanging up in it's gig bag.
But it certainly sounds sweet maybe I will get it out again.....

Ark

Thanks Ark I appreciate your comment, the mando is a fun instrument to play and the chords are not all that hard to learn the tunning is the same as a violin but most chords can be made with only two fingers its just that the fretboard is very narrow compared to a guitar and for someone with large hands and fingers it takes a little time to get comfy with but I have small hands and I didn't have any trouble adjusting to it smile

arkady wrote:

Russ
I liked this one.
The Mando is real nice has a great sound the is picking spot on.

The wife bought me a Mando a few Christmas's a go. I got out it and had a go and thought man this too hard.... have to learn all the chords all over again  smile so it hanging up in it's gig bag.
But it certainly sounds sweet maybe I will get it out again.....

Ark

Good one Russ,

Great recording and as others have said the mandolin certainly adds to the overall effect. Is this another 'park bench' song or did inspiration come from elswhere? Whatever, it is a great song, thank you.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thanks Roger yep its another "park bench" inspiration I was sorta in a Neil young mood and this was the result I have two more and I will try to get one up today and as long as the weather cooperates I will find my way down at the lake on my favorite bench pickin and grinnin and videotaping so I wont forget the feel and chord changes and make a few bucks on the side,thats the plan and thanks again for the nice comments smile

Roger Guppy wrote:

Good one Russ,

Great recording and as others have said the mandolin certainly adds to the overall effect. Is this another 'park bench' song or did inspiration come from elswhere? Whatever, it is a great song, thank you.

Roger

hi russ,

like i said to you the other day, i've written two new songs, [i never mentioned the titles] one is called "betrayed", so you can imagine my surprise when i saw your "betrayal"  but reading through your words theres a bit of a different slant to the two songs. i thought for a moment we were two minds acting as one!
nice words heart rending, hope you've got over the pain. i like the way you go all biblical "woman what is thy pleasure" classic

you've hit the spot again

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Am]woman what is thy [Em]pleasure?

Mines a good night out with good company, music, and a good glass of wine,or Bacardi with truckloads of ice and lime lol

Gosh I'm so easily pleased im unreal lol.

Seriously Russell, it does have a biblical feel to it. Lonesome and seaching song i feel.  I enjoyed listening to it also.

Well done .

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Beautiful. I love it. I think its super awesome! GR8 JOB!

{{***~MuZiK LuVeR~***}}

Phil I got over the pain several times its a recurring event and I didn't consciously intend to go biblical the words kinda popped into my head so I wrote them down I was searching for a title and settled on the second line "your eyes do betray you windows to your soul"as a theme for the whole song and we are like minds when it comes to out love of music thankyou smile

Helena thank you I think what pleases you sounds great to me well if you agree with phil then I guess it is biblical I value both of your opinions and friendship so who can say how the words came to me I do not openly endorse any faith mine is a one to one relationship thats all i can handle and im glad you enjoyed this smile

Totally_unique13 very kind of you I may need a good press agent some day lol and I know where to look smile

Hi Russell - funny how the most gut-wrenching emotions can inspire the most lovely music. Nicely written and beautifully recorded.  James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Thanks James much appreciated, I suppose you can turn events in your life even bad ones and make a positive thing out of it like monty python "always look on the brite side of life" do do ect.. someday i will find a autoharp and record it i have played one in the past so i'll keep my eyes open at garage sales or second hand stores (I find a lotta good things there) and snag one for a song excuse the pun smile

James McCormick wrote:

Hi Russell - funny how the most gut-wrenching emotions can inspire the most lovely music. Nicely written and beautifully recorded.  James

where do you get you insperation from. this song is brill,
nice one

tom

There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and alcohol!

Wilcovecrue thank you for the nice comment,Inspiration and forgiveness are in my daily requests from the creator,and the only ones I ask for myself.

wilcovecrue wrote:

where do you get you insperation from. this song is brill,
nice one

tom