Topic: Help, I Need Somebody!

Help, I Need Somebody!

Although these are excellent lyrics for a song I have a feeling it has been done before lol but I hoped it might grab your attention.

I would like to use the kind offer of fellow Chordians to write and record a song, it will be interesting and, I hope, fun to do.

I have written the chorus for a song and would like help with three or four verses. Once I have the lyrics I will write the music and be asking for help with various part of the recording.

If you can come up with a verse, or verses, can you please send them direct to me at: roger4songs@yahoo.co.uk and I will post the completed lyrics here for you all to see.

The chorus is:

In the still, small hours of night,
When darkness and silence abound,
I am wrapped in happiness, hope and joy,
As I can feel your presence all around.

Thank you,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Re: Help, I Need Somebody!

I have one verse already. Thank you Helena (Old Doll).

By the way I deliberately asked for the verses to be sent direct to me and not posted here so that one person's idea would not influence another to give the song diversity.

Roger

You are a hopeless romantic, but thats a good thing smile nice chorus I will see what words I can add to this place "where darkness and silence abound" smile

Roger Guppy wrote:

I have one verse already.

Roger

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Russell_Harding wrote:

You are a hopeless romantic, but thats a good thing smile

Reading your contribution I am not the only one lol

Thank you Russ.

To everyone else,

This song is coming on nicely so please don't be shy if you have something to offer.

Roger

I woke this morning to find a new verse in my mail from someone who has not offered his name as a lyricist nor can I remember him ever posting a song neither (but I have been known to be wrong) - our very own virgin songwriter Topdown.

Thanks Jeff, your contribution is welcome. A bit of lateral, or maybe literal, thinking there.

Roger

More lyrics this morning arrived, this time from Deedee (Jamie), so a big thank you to you.

I probably have enough material now but I will leave it till the weekend before putting it all together, just in case.

Roger

I now have the lyrics I needed. I have done a little editing to some of the lyrics sent me and may have to do a little more when I put it to music as line lengths differ, so here they are:

Verse 1: (Jeff, Topdown)
Through a long hot summer your touch is newfound
And with crisp fall nights and winter ahead
It is in your comfort with which you enfold me
Like a favourite blanket, upon my bed.

Verse 2: (Jamie, Smart DeeDee)
I used to believe that things like this
Would never happen to a guy like me
But just when I least expected it
You came, you found, and you rescued me

Chorus

(Verse 3: Helena, Old Doll)
Is my journey one of the heart?
Will I revel in all that you planned?
Will all our feelings run free or shift,
Like a timer's grains of sand?

Verse 4: (Russ, Russel Harding)
IT IS THE AGE OLD QUESTION,
AND THIS IS MY REPLY,
I WILL LOVE YOU ALWAYS,
AS LONG AS STARS ARE IN THE SKY.

Chorus

Thank you for your contributions, it is now down to me to sort out the music and then watch out those of you who said you will help with recording, I will be in touch lol

Roger

Right I now have chords for this song and I am working on the melody and finalising the lyrics to fir. I have given it a title "Wrapped in Happiness" but I am open to suggestions. I have also put the lyrics in Chopro so they can be printed.

{t:Wrapped in Happiness}
{st:by as many Chordians as I can involve}
{c:A slow waltz - 80 bpm}

Intro:
[G]    [D4]     [G]    [D]

Verse 1:
[G]    [Em]    [C]    [D]
[C]    [Em]    [Am]    [D]
[C]    [D]    [G]    [D]

Verse 2:
[C]    [D]    [G]    [D]

Chorus:
[C]    [D]    [G]    [Em] 
[F]    [G]    [A]    [A4]
[C]    [D4]    [G]    [D]

Verse 3:
[C]    [D]    [G]    [D]

Instrumental:
[C]    [D4]    [G]    [D]

Verse 4:
[C]    [D]    [G]    [D]

Chorus:
[C]    [D4]    [G]    [G]

I will be in touch shortly asking for help with parts of the recording.

Roger

***I have had to remove the Chopro formatting for this I am afraid.*****

Here are the lyrics and chords together:

Wrapped in Happinessby Jamie Moro; Helena Donovan; Jeff Taylor; Russell Harding; Roger Guppy

Intro:

[G][Dsus4][G][D]

Verse 1:

Through a [G]long hot [Em]summer your [C]touch is new[D]found,

And with [C]crisp fall [Em]nights and winter a[Am]head,[D]

It is [G]in your [Em]comfort with [C]which you enfold [D]me,

Like a [C]favourite [D]blanket, upon my [G]bed.[D]

Verse 2

I [G]used to be[Em]lieve that [C]things like [D]this,

Would never [C]happen to a [Em]guy like [Am]me,[D]

But [G]just when I [Em]least ex[C]pected [D]it,

You [C]came, you [D]found, and you [G]rescued me.[D]

Chorus:

[C]In the [D]still, small [G]hours of [Em]night,

When [F]darkness and [G]silence a[A]bound,[A4]

I am [C]wrapped in [D]happiness, [G]hope and [Em]joy,

As I can [C]feel your [Dsus4]presence all a[G]round.[D]

verse 3:

[G]Is my [Em]journey [C]one of the [D]heart?

Will I [C]revel in [Em]all that you [Am]planned?[D]

Will [G]all our [Em]feelings run [C]free or [D]shift,

Like a [C]timer's [D]grains of [G]sand?[D]

Instrumental:

[C][D][G][Em]

[F][G][A][A4]

[C][D][G][Em]

[C][Dsus4][G][D]

Verse 4:

[G]It [Em]is the [C]age old [D]question,

And [C]this is [Em]my re[Am]ply,[D]

[G]I will [Em]love [C]you al[D]ways,

As [C]long as [D]stars are in the [G]sky.[D]

Chorus:

[C]In the [D]still, small [G]hours of [Em]night,

When [F]darkness and [G]silence a[A]bound,[A4]

I am [C]wrapped in [D]happiness, [G]hope and [Em]joy,

As I can [C]feel your [Dsus4]presence all a[G]round.[G]

Roger

Roger I tried printing this but a message said I have to enable Java script what happend to change this I used to be able to print the chopro formated songs without any problems this is a new wrinkle please advise russ

Hi Russ,

I had the same problem. It appears that this will happen if there is more than one Chopro formatted message in the thread. I have therefore reverted the earlier messages to plain text. One for Per to look into I think, I will write to him later.

Roger

Roger I downloaded the music and I will see what I can contribute to them i also have the message for processing on audacity its been a week since I used audacity but its like riding a bicycle something you dont forget how to do let you know more when Ive had a chance to work with the song,one question is that D4 a Dsus4? smile

Hi Russ,

Yes it is Dsus4 but in the chord chart it is listed as just D4 (I see that there is not a Dsus4 shown but it does display correctly).

Sorry for the confusion, I must remember that in future.

Roger

well that clears it up, I will have some time this weekend to work on this and phil sent me some lyrics and challanged me to come up with some music so I will have my hands full.Phil also mentioned that on his myspace page the number of songs allowed is only 5 is that the same for your part of the world? just curious smile

Roger,

It is an honor to have a few of my words included in your beautiful song. I can't wait to hear the recording!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Hi Jeff,

Thanks but the without yours, and the others contributions, there would not be a song. It will take a little while to get the recording as I am trying to get several contributions for that too.

Roger

Those were some very nice words you came up with Jeff and I will be working on adding vocals and lead guitar for this song later and Roger will assemble the tracks and choose what he feels is best because I think Arkady may be adding something of his own so it will be a true chordie colllaboration and hopefully more will follow smile

topdown wrote:

Roger,

It is an honor to have a few of my words included in your beautiful song. I can't wait to hear the recording!

Wow Scott (Fatstrings) is on the ball. This morning I recieved a 'trial run' recording from him and then had great fun playing along with a 'real live' bass player again, it has been a while. Thank you Scott and I am looking forward to your finalised piece.

This in no way means that I am pushing anyone to get their part completed. Take your time and be happy with your contribution. If you are happy with it I am sure that I will be. The final recording will be ready when it is and not before.

In some instances I have asked more than one performer to record a certain part and some to record on their second choice instrument in an effort to include as many as I can but everyone who contributes will be included in the final mix.

I think that everyone who contributed to the lyrics did a wonderful job. In spite of 4 different people writing the verses completely independantly, with only the chorus as a reference, there is a flow to them and it is not obvious that there are five different writers involved. There has only been minor tweaking by me to get the rhyming continuity and line length right to fit the melody. Thank you.

Most of the correspondence for this project has been through private e-mail apart from my initally asking for lyrics. For the recordings I have put together two synthesised backing tracks, one with vocals and one without, and sent them to the performers asking them to record their part alongside the track (to keep the tempo uniform and to give an idea of the style). I have asked for the backing track to be deleted after recording so I will recieve just their part and then I will mix them together. Although everyone will be working independently by using the backing track I think it will all blend in together nicely.

I am quite exited about this, I am more than happy with the the lyrics I was offered and also the intitial response from the performers as this is something I have been wanting to try for the past couple of years. The new Recording section has made it possible.

Roger

Wow.. !   I can't wait to hear the finished result.. Well done all of you.. smile

The time to be happy, is NOW !

Freshman acoustic, IbanezGAX70, MarshallMG15cd, Digitech:RP100

Thanks Roger, so far it's been a lot fun working (hard to call it "work" when you enjoy it so much) on this project. I, like others, am quite anxious to hear how it all comes together. It's amazing how we're able to send our individual styles of instruments, lyrics, and rhythms all over the world and compile it to one complete song. Music is truly the universal language.

"I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did." Yogi Berra
"It's like deja vu all over again." Yogi Berra
and my personal favorite Yogi Berra quote: "Ninety percent of this game is half mental."

Latest update at the end of the weekend.

I have recieved a bass track from Scott (Fatstrings), lead guitar from Ark, keyboard from Randy (Riddler) and harmonica from Russ. I had asked Russ for lead guitar but he sent me a harmonica track instead which was brilliant (I had not thought of including harmonica). Thank you guys for your for your efforts

I have spent this evening mixing the tracks and it is coming along very well. I am more than pleased with the way this is shaping.

So I have roped in 4 people with the writing and 4 with the music with more to come. I am really getting excited about this and willingness of fellow Chordians to help.

Roger

Well thats good to hear Roger as were all waiting with baited breath to hear the results of your project smile

Well I could send you what I have already but that would spoil the pleasure of waiting in pregnant anticipation for the finished piece lol.

I am waiting for offerings from three others (one I have not heard from so I do not know if I will get that) and I do not want to rush anyone into sending something they are not entirely happy with.

Rest assured I will send all the contributors a copy before I upload it to Friends of Chordie, announce it here and post it in the Songwriting section.

Roger

So hows the knee today? lifting wheel barrels full of bricks is not conducive to picking guitar and I sure wouldn't want your gig but its easy for me to say I'm retired and the heaviest lifting I have to do is take out the garbage lol but I can sympathise with you and I hope this is not a regular full time career Im tired just thinking of hard work lol

The knee is still extremely painful even with a knee support and plenty of painkillers. It has not been helped by spending a further day as a slave to a cement mixer, feeding it sand, cement and water and then having to whellbarrow away all it regurgitates. I even overworked the wheelbarrow and broke it today. This old dog does not give in easily lol

But to more important matters. "Wrapped in Happiness" is shaping up very well I am awaiting items from just a couple of people now. Hopfully it will not be long now before it is ready for public consumption.

Roger