Topic: A word of thanks for the best chord-set on the net

I started playing acoustic in my teens, but left off about 10 years ago, and my old guitar is gone.  Just this last week, some friends came up with guitars and I just HAD to put my hands on them, to tune them properly and play a bit.

My friends were actually shocked that I knew anything about guitars at all. They are just learning some basics and coming up with songs that they want to learn.

Using your charts for the chords to teach them some of the basics has gotten them off to an incredible start and they even bought me a new guitar so that we can all learn more together.

There are other chord-sets on the net, but yours has just the right size to be seen without being blurry.  I also like that you have organized them A to G as you have.

My fingers-tips are sore and numb, but that is a happy sign for me that I'll have some callus on them soon again and be able to get through some of the old rifts that I know without whincing from pain....been there many times and know the process.

Thanks again for your excellently displayed charts.

Re: A word of thanks for the best chord-set on the net

Quantum_1, welcome to Chordie and thanks for the compliment. I worked many, many days and nights putting together the Chord Charts and all the other valuable information together for viewers just like you. It was a tremendious effort on my part to get everything just right but it was well worth it.

Nela

Now if you believe that, I have and old, beat-up cheap starter guitar I'd like to sell you as an antique. The price is high but, then again, I said it's an antique. Just like you, I found this site several months back and just cannot stay away from it. The effort of all the people who were/are a part of putting this site together, HAS GOT TO BE APPLAUDED! There is no other site that is this well maintained, contains as much information or has the members who are more than willing to help and/or guide others, to be found. Anyway, thank you - CHORDIE.

NELA

3 (edited by Radchael1975 2008-10-18 11:15:15)

lol.. NELA! smile

Quantum, I'm so pleased to hear of somone who has, like me, once more got back into guitaring!  I learned when i was 10/11... and then didnt touch a guitar for 20 years.  I always regretted not keeping it up. 5-6 months ago, i accquired an old classical guitar, & once more my lust for music was reborn. After a few weeks of tinkering with it, my hubby bought me a beautiful acoustic, and a few weeks later, a lovely electric Ibanez.  In the few months, I've learned LOTS!  And yes, mainly from the wonderful resource that is CHORDIE !

So, i'd like to join you in saying a big THANKYOU to those who dedicate their time and effort. xx

Rachael.  xxx

The time to be happy, is NOW !

Freshman acoustic, IbanezGAX70, MarshallMG15cd, Digitech:RP100

I too had quit playing for many years...life just got too busy, last year my wife bought me an inexpensive acoustic guitar and Ive barley put it down since then. This site is a great resource, Ive learned more here then in years of playing without it. Thanks for a great site. Now if I could only sing........sigh....lol

I say play the acoutic first and along with electric. Good for finger strength!

I have found so much good stuff here and it's always great to hear about other "old farts" rediscovering the joy of music!  <grin>

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

I too, quit for 20 years and always had to remember some riffs when I'd see someone with a guitar.  Chordie is a wonderful addition to all the books, references and sites we need to continue the constant learning process.  I am glad to have discovered a place full of people like myself who constantly strive to learn more, exchange ideas and give us options we never had in the past.   I'm glad I rediscovered guitar hero, for real. LMAO

Picking away at life, one tune at a time.