Topic: Delay when recording

Hi guys i am using reaper as my recoring software ,
i lay down the guitar piece
then record singing over it
when i play it back its out of sync
is there a standard amount (rule of thumb) of the timeline bar i delete to sync with the guitar piece already recorded.

i have also trien audacity but i cant run it properly on vista

thanx in advance!!

Don't Cry because it is over...

smile because it happened.    Gabriel García Marquez

Re: Delay when recording

Hi weedjie I cant understand why the audacity program will not run properly on your vista program as I have it running on mine, it sounds like the problems with synchronization may be caused by a delay in the time you hear it and lay the track this could occur if you dont use a headset for both tracks I dont have the reaper program on my vista but fatstrings and riddler do and are both up to date on reaper so hang in a bit and your question will be answered shortly smile

weedjie wrote:

Hi guys i am using reaper as my recoring software ,
i lay down the guitar piece
then record singing over it
when i play it back its out of sync
is there a standard amount (rule of thumb) of the timeline bar i delete to sync with the guitar piece already recorded.

i have also trien audacity but i cant run it properly on vista

thanx in advance!!

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I would first download asio4all here
http://tippach.business.t-online.de/asi … nglish.exe

install it ...then open reaper and go to options....preferences...and under audio ,click on device and then in the drop down menu for audio system choose ASIO....and then underneath where it says asio driver....click on the drop down menu and choose asio4all...
it also has an asio configuration underneath that where you can tweak it...but i left it at default and it worked good..

it also could just be your soundcard..if you have a soundblaster sound card asio4all should work fine....my newer computer has a realtek soundcard and it sux for trying to record through it...i have an presonus audio interface now that hooks up through firewire...

i hope that helps...

Thanks riddler this is what i needed !!!

Don't Cry because it is over...

smile because it happened.    Gabriel García Marquez

Dang Riddler, you beat me to the punch...:). Good luck with reaper weedjie it's a really good music editing program but is sometimes a little complicated to use. If you have any questions feel free to throw it at all of us here at chordie. If we can't answer it, there is a real good forum for this program @ http://forum.cockos.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20 This forum has questions and answers for the "newbies" as well as the seasoned reaper users. When I first started using reaper I visited this forum quite often...:o anyway happy recording.

"I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did." Yogi Berra
"It's like deja vu all over again." Yogi Berra
and my personal favorite Yogi Berra quote: "Ninety percent of this game is half mental."

Aha! so thats how you got so smart on reaper, and all this time I thought you were some kind of genius lol

fatstrings wrote:

When I first started using reaper I visited this forum quite often

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Had you fooled all this time and didn't even know it. I'll learn to keep my big mouth shut....:lol:

"I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did." Yogi Berra
"It's like deja vu all over again." Yogi Berra
and my personal favorite Yogi Berra quote: "Ninety percent of this game is half mental."