Topic: I want to form a fun Band in London, England

Hey,

Hi I'm an African American girl who wants to form a mixed gender band in London England.  I write songs, and sing a little, and would like to have fun seeing my songs come to fruition.  My musical influences are: Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nina Simone, Verve, Brazilian Girls, Brett Dennen, Weezer, Armin, London Elektricity, The Beta Band, Joss Stone, Iron & Wine, Christie Michelle, Jack Johnson, Breaking Benjamin, Maroon 5, Perfect Circle, One Republic, Estelle, Sade, Macy Gray, Death Cab For Cutie, Whitest Boy Alive, Gino, Kanye West, Common, Dave Mathews Band, John Legend, Jill Scott, Michael Buble, Adele, Nickleback, The Postal Service, Nine Inch Nails, Mary J. Blige, Blur, Gorillaz, Franz Ferdinand, The Killers, Annie Lennox, Radiohead, Erykah Badu, John Lennon, Citizen Coup, M. Ward, Tina Turner..

But mostly my songs are more along the Macy Gray vein with more of a rock tinge.  All of these artists influence my song lyrics, but I need help composing music because I tend to be a little trite.  This is JUST FOR FUN for right now because I need a lot of practice and polishing up before we can go onstage - and it would be nice if someone in the band had vocal skills to help me out - drummer is essential.

email: charlee.martin@gmail.com

Thanks, here are some of my lyrics I need help with composition:

Glow of a Phone
by Charlee Martin
copyright (c) 2008

I need you
Can’t move in slow
Everything traveling with the glow of a phone
It is you
Stop and glance and feel it
Has made me just like glass
It shatters melody