Topic: My two instrumental recordings

I haven't been creative enough to come up with an instrumental of my own yet, but check out my recordings of Tears In Heaven and Dee on my Myspace page.  Dee sounds decent, as does the other, but there may be some slight mistakes in Tears In Heaven regarding track mixing.  Oh well, please give feedback!

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

Re: My two instrumental recordings

Stephen both songs were musically executed well there may be a little distortion on them but that can be adjusted by lowering the volume and I would use the equalizer to add a little more bass and accent the highs a little more there seems to be to much mid range volume,and I would cut down on the reverb, but Tears in Heaven was pleasent to listen to your guitar work was very nice smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

3 (edited by 06sc500 2008-10-24 23:33:10)

Russell_Harding wrote:

Stephen both songs were musically executed well there may be a little distortion on them but that can be adjusted by lowering the volume and I would use the equalizer to add a little more bass and accent the highs a little more there seems to be to much mid range volume,and I would cut down on the reverb, but Tears in Heaven was pleasent to listen to your guitar work was very nice smile

Thank you!  I'll mess around more with the eq's next time.

Switchfoot

4 (edited by arkady 2008-10-25 09:09:08)

Hey 06sc500
Thanks I enjoyed the set.
The recordings need a little work but the playing is not bad at all.
Well done

Ark

Hi Stephen,

I too was impresssed with the playing but have to agree with Russ and Ark about the recording. Well done.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Good job playing there stephen....i just sent you an email about it..i just listened to signe also...sound quality was a little better there...was that an original?

After Riddler's message I have just listened to 'Signe' and that is a far better balanced recording. Well played and a good recording.

It certainly sounds very Eric Clapton so I am guessing it is one of his pieces.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Roger Guppy wrote:

After Riddler's message I have just listened to 'Signe' and that is a far better balanced recording. Well played and a good recording.

It certainly sounds very Eric Clapton so I am guessing it is one of his pieces.

Roger

Yes, from the Unplugged album along with Tears In Heaven.  I might record an instrumental Layla and Old Love acoustic too.

Switchfoot

riddler wrote:

Good job playing there stephen....i just sent you an email about it..i just listened to signe also...sound quality was a little better there...was that an original?

Eric Clapton from the Unplugged album.  His version is instrumental as well.

Switchfoot

I done a little noise reduction and added some ambience and eq to stephens "tears in heaven" tune and sent it to him for approval....he's put it on his myspace site...so if you guys want to take another listen....

riddler's edit is awesome! Thanks a bunch!

Switchfoot

I listened to this again the mix is great but there is one small bit of noise at 1:13 to 1:14 into the song it sounds like a bump on the microphone I dont know if it was my pc or the recording but if it is the recording just open it in audacity and at that point highlight it and click the edit tab and select "silence" for that second but other then that it sounds really good I listened to it several times at that point and each time the noise occured so check it out stephen but good edit Randy smile

Where is the song located???? I'd like to have a listen smile I didn't see a link but maybe I missed it.

"I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did." Yogi Berra
"It's like deja vu all over again." Yogi Berra
and my personal favorite Yogi Berra quote: "Ninety percent of this game is half mental."

Ooops I'm an idiot,,,,sorry I found it.

"I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did." Yogi Berra
and my personal favorite Yogi Berra quote: "Ninety percent of this game is half mental."

All your tunes sound good, keep that recorder recording.

Scott the sound is still there at exactly the time I said it was I spoke with randy earlier and he confirmed it, the song is "tears in heaven" and the noise occurs at precisely 1:14 seconds into the song give or take a nano the time now is 12:15 cst smile 

fatstrings wrote:

Russell_Harding wrote:

Scott the sound is still there at exactly the time I said it was I spoke with randy earlier and he confirmed it, the song is "tears in heaven" and the noise occurs at precisely 1:14 seconds into the song give or take a nano the time now is 12:15 cst smile 

fatstrings wrote:

Yeah, I'm such an idiot! I knew about that, and I forgot to go back and take it out.

Switchfoot

well its good to know im not going loony just follow the steps mentioned above to remove it if you dont already know how, and nice job with the song stephen smile

19 (edited by 06sc500 2008-10-26 16:09:12)

Russell_Harding wrote:

well its good to know im not going loony just follow the steps mentioned above to remove it if you dont already know how, and nice job with the song stephen smile

Oh wait that is on Randy's edit-can I still fix it somehow? It's not a big deal....

Switchfoot

I spoke with Randy and he knows about it and im sure he will take care of it smile