Topic: Alen / inbus key with my guitar?

Re: Alen / inbus key with my guitar?

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

whats the topic here? :s
saba

love is like a violin, the music may stop now and then but the strings remain forever...

These posts got lost during the change over to the new server as did several others at about this time. Scrimmy82 had bought a new guitar and was asking what the allen key was for that came with it. My reply was that it was to adjust the truss rod but suggested that it was safer not to attempt it. 

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

thank you Roger, I missed the begining o the topic and I was lost to what it was all about.
I was going to lock this, but now I shall leave it open for more responses.

Cheers

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Roger Guppy wrote:

These posts got lost during the change over to the new server as did several others at about this time. Scrimmy82 had bought a new guitar and was asking what the allen key was for that came with it. My reply was that it was to adjust the truss rod but suggested that it was safer not to attempt it. 

Roger

It all depends, what kind of guitar did he buy, electric or acoustic. If it is acoustic Roger is correct in what it's for and his advice if your not experienced don't do it yourself.  If its an electric there useally is two or three, one to adjust the truss rod in the neck, the other to adjust the bridge saddle height and or if you have a locking nut so you can change the strings.

Bootlegger.