Topic: When the rain falls/Afghanistan

Hi All
Not done much in the way musical composition over the last few months. I guess I've not felt up to it for various reasons Been playing my guitar though and nailed down some old tunes though Clasical gas still eludes me smile

"When the rain falls" is a pure ambient piece which is new it can be heard here.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_so … ID=9756295

I entered "Afghanistan" in Ourstage last month and the piece came 5th out of 350 so it sort of inspired me to get back to writing again. It can be heard here.
http://www.ourstage.com/tracks/ZMYVSLEBOCWV-afghanistan
Thank for reading / listening
ark

Re: When the rain falls/Afghanistan

hi ark, glad to see you back in the saddle....ha ha!

Afghanistan, what a truly inspiring piece...well done top marks from me, the 4 tunes before you must have been out of this world!

when the rain falls, very commercial sounding and that sexy voice....

back on top buddy

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Glad you got back to writing, sir.
You are truly inspiring.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

They are both wonderful Arkady,

As always sir.. Just this morning one of the women in my class
said "she missed the water sound in the  relaxation music. With others it sends them to the loo lol

They { the women } enjoy your music very much..

Be a good wee laddie and send them to me please.. I will update your other CD.

Thank you Ark,

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Hi Phill
I think I'm back in the saddle but horse is still a bit reluctant to move smile ..........
Afghanistan I did a while back now when the UK was just getting involved in that now seeming unending conflict that has taken so many lives.
I've got a few tracks spinning around so something reasonable may come out of them..
Thanks for encouraging comments.

Hey Tuba
Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment.

old doll glad I'm still a hit with the "Ladies"  So Handel's water music would be a no no then...... smile
It will be pleasure to send the tracks to you.
Thanks for your comments.
ark

Thanks Ark, your music is always a little different and a pleasant change from the usual guitar/vocals that most of us do.

Keep in the saddle, with a few words of encouragement and pressure from your heels in it's flanks I am sure you can get the horse to move so we can have some more,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I always enjoy your music Ark....Seriously think you could sell this to the accupunture studios they play this while youre being treated....Good show youngman

I thought ; If I had one idea,
and took it from beginning to end.
I would try another.

Hi Roger
Thanks for the encouragement. I will get that old nag to move. smile

Hey Marc
Thanks for the comment. I just might and try and do that.
I'm hoping to get about an Hour and half of ambient stuff together to make a decent CD then test the water so to speak.

ark

ark, what a rich sounding piece, i`m listening as i type this. we are all different in what we imagine if we close our eyes and listen to this work. love the full sound in this.  Lane

Thanks for bringing this thread back up

Congrats on your 5th place finish Ark smile That's gotta make you feel pretty good. Now I can't wait to hear a #1 from you. Great job on the mix.

Well I finally got to hear your vox on "When the Rain Falls" Ye got a gre-e-at voice laddy smile We need to hear more of it.

Cheers and Merry Christmas to you and Yours.

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Lane1777 wrote:

ark, what a rich sounding piece, i`m listening as i type this. we are all different in what we imagine if we close our eyes and listen to this work. love the full sound in this.  Lane

Thanks Lane
One of the things about writing an instrumental is the freedom it sometimes gives to the listener to form in their own minds the images the piece gives them.
ark

KAP54 wrote:

Thanks for bringing this thread back up

Congrats on your 5th place finish Ark smile That's gotta make you feel pretty good. Now I can't wait to hear a #1 from you. Great job on the mix.

Well I finally got to hear your vox on "When the Rain Falls" Ye got a gre-e-at voice laddy smile We need to hear more of it.

Cheers and Merry Christmas to you and Yours.

Kenny

Hey Kenny
I'm sorry I've got to admit that the vox is not mine. Though if it was I probably be in show business  lol
Thanks for the comments.
Seasonal greeetings to you and your family
ark

it really does ark, nice piece to listen to..Lane