Topic: Thunder [lyrics]

i know this has happened to more than just me..i went to help a woman being abused,she thought there was more to it,i made a promise to another and had to leave.i helped her, He came back, and she`s gone now..
if i would have stayed she would be above ground today.for a long time i kicked myself..

this needs a bridge,any comments are welcome.

i didn`t know how to write this,so I so i leaned towards the facts.

Thunder

verse1
I remember Her praying..
are you coming to me.
I remember Her crying..
when I held her safe.
verse2
I remember Her softness
a Kentucky moonlit night
I remembered a promise
and I said good-by...

chorus:
and its just like thunder
its like rain...
like a heart with no lover
a ship without a sail.

it is all like thunder....
its so hard to explain
every little part of Me...
everything left behind.
,,its just like thunder..

verse3
I remember Her asking
is there one little chance
I remember Her falling.
I remember a tear.
Look at Me wishing
on every star above..
Look at Me praying
She were here to love...

chorus:
That is just like thunder
its like rain...
like a heart with no lover
a ship without a sail.

it is just like falling
going under a wave
like searching
for the peace you`ll never find..

God its just like thunder...

© Copyright 2010 Sound-Off    Vincent

Re: Thunder [lyrics]

Lane, wow, this is terrific.  emotionally charged, even without your background.  I don't think it needs a thing, however, if you wanted to add a bridge, maybe you could add something like:

And when the thunder stops
I’m left with rain
Like an angel’s teardrops
Her life’s refrain

Quality stuff! -T-Rex

i`ve had this write for sometime now, that thought you just gave me T gave me the bridge"
i`ll track this and put it up. thank you so much T,, you`ll get the credit for it.
hey T.. i can`t use refrain" i hang-out with hillbillies, and if it get past AEIOU they ain`t buying it...lol
thanks again for taking a look at this and commenting,,and that thought you had..Lane

Hey, don't underestimate the hillbillies; you'll have them all in sloppy tears, crying in their beer!  Besides, who says ya need to please the hillbillies!?  Anyway, glad I sparked some inspiration for that bridge; no biggie on the credit, just go with it! take care, -T

hi lane dont pull yourself down,you did your best,this is a good write can't wait for the finished product....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool